Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Really Walmart?????? Oh Well at Least I got a foot in the door

tag
baller4life
Super Contributor

Really Walmart?????? Oh Well at Least I got a foot in the door

Smiley Mad

Briefly left the garden this morning to snag a Walmart card for the Fico score and 15 cent discount on gas since I got a notification that 5 collections had been deleted from Transunion. I got approved alright but with a $150 limit!  Yuck!! Tried to recon limit. No dice! First card with GE so I will just nurture it for a few months and ask for a cli. I know it will grow over time.

Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31
FixMyCredit1992
Established Contributor

Re: Really Walmart?????? Oh Well at Least I got a foot in the door

A $150 limit? I have never heard of such a low limit, I've heard of 300 limit, but 150? Wow

Farm and Fleet $3,000 (AU) Paypal Extras MC $1,500
Barclay's Apple Visa $1,200 QVC Qcard $800
Amazon Store Card $600 Discover $500
Walmart MC $400 Victoria's Secret $350
Credit One $300 Fingerhut $200
TU Fico 626

Message 2 of 32
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@baller4life wrote:

Smiley Mad

Briefly left the garden this morning to snag a Walmart card for the Fico score and 15 cent discount on gas since I got a notification that 5 collections had been deleted from Transunion. I got approved alright but with a $150 limit!  Yuck!! Tried to recon limit. No dice! First card with GE so I will just nurture it for a few months and ask for a cli. I know it will grow over time.

Yep, really...limits can come that low for GECRB.  Should have gardened longer for optimal results.  On the updside and with positive history, this tradeline can grow.

Message 3 of 32
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@FixMyCredit1992 wrote:

A $150 limit? I have never heard of such a low limit, I've heard of 300 limit, but 150? Wow

Yes, even JCP can be as low as $100.  Macy's is another lender who can offer limits that low.  Bottom line, if you want the best results for a higher CL, be sure your credit profile is in decent standing piror to applying so as not to be disappointed with the results.

Message 4 of 32
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@FinStar wrote:

@baller4life wrote:

Smiley Mad

Yep, really...limits can come that low for GECRB.  Should have gardened longer for optimal results.  On the updside and with positive history, this tradeline can grow.

+1

Give it 4 months and call Credit Solutions, it's usually worth the wait.

Message 5 of 32
baller4life
Super Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@baller4life wrote:

Smiley Mad

Yeah I should have gardened longer but I got excited when those stupid collections got deleted. I use a tank a day for work so the gas discount was VERY appealing to me as well as the free TU Fico. Like I said, I know it will grow fast. So I'm not TOO disappointed. Was just hoping for a higher starting limit. Now I will have to make multiple payments to stay under limit. Well I will garden next two years and all my inquiries will be gone as well as my last two baddies. Then I will be ready for Chase,Amex,Discover and Citi!! Woohooooo

Message 6 of 32
myjourney
Super Contributor

Congrats 

It will and can grow very large indeed 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 7 of 32
skinsfan83
Established Member

That sounds like me. I went on a GE app spree and got some decent limits except my JCP which was $100!! Crazy! I actually shop there more than anywhere else. I logged onto Walmart today to schedule a payment and I saw they increased my limit by $100. I've had the card since the end of October. This would be my 2nd statement.

Message 8 of 32
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 9 of 32
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@baller4life wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@baller4life wrote:

Smiley Mad

Yeah I should have gardened longer but I got excited when those stupid collections got deleted. I use a tank a day for work so the gas discount was VERY appealing to me as well as the free TU Fico. Like I said, I know it will grow fast. So I'm not TOO disappointed. Was just hoping for a higher starting limit. Now I will have to make multiple payments to stay under limit. Well I will garden next two years and all my inquiries will be gone as well as my last two baddies. Then I will be ready for Chase,Amex,Discover and Citi!! Woohooooo

Sounds like the excitement got the best of you.  At least your foot is in the door with GE and it will grow over time.  Best suggested approach is to learn from this whenever you plan your next applications, since you mentioned some big players as your desirable credit candidates.  A well-approached and thought-out strategy will get best results.

Message 10 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.