Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebuilding App Spree

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rebuilding App Spree

I probably got ahead of myself on some of these but had some success.  Been lurking around the forums for a couple months & cleaning up my file.  Thanks to all of you who post and contribute here - its greatly appreciated.  

MyFico Scores & Profile:

EQ - 633 .... 2 inquiries

TU - 610 .... 0 inquiries

EX - 561 .... 2 inquiries

* Cap1 Secured: $200 limit

* 1 BofA Auto charge off - 2 years old

* 1 BofA CC charge off - 2 years old but still reporting open on EX

Spree listed in order of applied:

1) AMEX Biz Plat - Denied - tried to recon and nothing even with biz revenues at $500k.  Will wait for letter.  Applied based on 150k MR point targeted offer and would love the travel bennies

2) AMEX Delta Gold Personal - Canceled b/c of deinal - Card came up in Pre-qual link

3) Cap1 QS1 - Approved $3,000 - Card came up SUGGESTED in Pre-qual link

4) Cap1 Spark Biz Classic - Denied - Tried to recon since I have cap1 cards and was just approved for QS1 but was told only 1 card approval per 6 months.  Will try to recon again tommrow. 

5) Barclays Rewards MC - Denied - Tried to recon but was told my current utilization was high (been at 2% last two months) & existing CC charge off.  Will try again tommorow

6) Discover IT - Approved $1,500 - Card came up SUGGESTED in Pre-qual link

7) Grad School Credit Union - Approved $1,000 

All in all I'm happy with 3 cards to build my profile.  Kind of bummed about the AMEX biz platinum card and the Delta Gold card. Hopefully Cap1 can reverse my Spark card but good to know I'll prolly be approved in 6 months. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Rebuilding App Spree

561 and you tried for Amex???!!  you can't be bummed about that.  thats literally the biggest gap in odds of trying to get approved ive seen so far on these boards. there is something horrible in your file for you to have a 561 , no questions about it and Amex will not entertain that offer.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Rebuilding App Spree

@Anonymous wrote:

561 and you tried for Amex???!!  you can't be bummed about that.  thats literally the biggest gap in odds of trying to get approved ive seen so far on these boards. there is something horrible in your file for you to have a 561 , no questions about it and Amex will not entertain that offer.

Oh no doubt.  Trust me I checked the boards and credit pull database.  I knew very well going in they pull EX.  Just was a shot in the dark since it was my second targeted offer for the card; My biz is very successful revenue wise; and was shown Delta & Platinum via personal pre-qual link & Biz Gold via business pre-qual link.

Only difference on EX is that charge off reporting open. Other than that all reports are identical. 

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

coming

oooh, you had pre qual links. ok i see where you are coming from now.  usually prequals are good with amex.  i wonder if the computer denied you right away because of the score.  thats very weird.  

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: coming

Congrats on your approvals op! Let them age and use low utility. Your next app spree with be even better! 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.