cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received a Walmart card upgrade letter, But have to wait until April to get the card GRRRRRRR

tag
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

Received a Walmart card upgrade letter, But have to wait until April to get the card GRRRRRRR

I just got a CLI on my card and today I received a upgrade letter saying my  Walmart store card will be a Walmart  Mastercard but I have to wait until April for the card to arrive. GRRRRRRRRRR LOL.

Why does it take a couple of months for them to upgrade? Does anybody know or did they get the card sooner before the date on the letter?

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 1 of 120
119 REPLIES 119
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: received Walmart card upgrade letter, But have to wait until April to get the card GRRRRRRR

Congrats on the upgrade Joe! Maybe you'll get a nice surprise and the card will come sooner than they say? How long did you have the store card before getting the upgrade?

Message 2 of 120
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

Re: received Walmart card upgrade letter, But have to wait until April to get the card GRRRRRRR

Message 3 of 120
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

My TU score is 767 maybe that's why I got the upgrade?

Message 4 of 120
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Received a Walmart card upgrade letter, But have to wait until April to get the card GRRRRRRR

Congrats on the upgrade. I believe it will report as a new account just so your aware if you were not.
Message 5 of 120
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

Re: Received a Walmart card upgrade letter, But have to wait until April to get the card GRRRRRRR

Yes I knew that. I rather have a mastercard instead of a store card Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 120
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Way to go JoeSmiley Happy. So only 5 years to upgrade lol, they sure do work mysteriously in WallyWorld hahaSmiley Happy Perhaps they want to give it to you in April as it is your 5th year WallyversarySmiley Wink. At least you have a couple years between cards so i dont think it would hurt your aaol anyway. At least your card will be nicer looking now.....and its a mc too lolSmiley Happy Enjoy the upgradeSmiley Happy
Message 7 of 120
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got the upgrade letter today. Same date of April 2017. Hit the LUV button and got the limit increased from 5 to 7K. 

Joe, did you get a 23.15% APR or lesser? this is the only sore point I see..

Message 8 of 120
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on the CLI and Upgrade Smiley Happy  I also have store card on year 6 now I hope they dont send me upgrade I will cancel it if they do and only because they consider it a new account and I need to get to 5/24 to get the Chase CSP.....

Message 9 of 120
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

Message 10 of 120
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.