Recent Cap1 Venture Approval Stats

tag
tonyjones
Valued Contributor

Re: Recent Cap1 Venture Approval Stats

@Anonymous wrote:

I got denied for Capital One Venture card Smiley Sad

What was your stats?

(FICO Score, AAoA, Inquiries, Credit Utilization, any derogs)

Current Fico Scores: (December 2023)
Message 171 of 257
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Aarvard wrote:

Hi guys,

Would you mind sharing some stats for your Cap1 approval? I'm trying to consolidate the the data of the approvals to make one "last" ditch effort before... *well you know what I mean* Smiley Very Happy

Please share the stats if you are comfortable to

Pre-qualified: Yes (Venture, Venture One, and QS)

FICO: EQ 704   TU  714    EX  713

Inq: EQ: 2    TU: 1    EX  3  

AAoA: 13 years, 11 years, 14 years

Current highest credit line: $1,000 (but I am also reported on an AU account that is $12,000, not sure if that's making a difference)

CL upon approval: $10,000 (my jaw dropped and I silently mouthed an expletive.) 12.9% APR

Income: low $50ish

Util: 1-3%

Staggering amount of student loans

Baddies: Four lates on three SL TLs, late 2009-early 2010.

I wasn't going to apply except that I read a thread tonight about how the "Venture train" might be leaving soon. (Thanks to whoever started that thread.) I had just signed up for myFICO's 3B monitoring service today and was really happy -- I mean, really happy -- to see my FICO scores above 700.

And to be honest, I'm a little shocked that I got a $10K CL. I'm ALOT shocked, actually. I've been rebuilding for about a month. (Yes, one month.) My starting FICOs in late March 2015 were 630-650s. (starting CK scores were 680s, they are now 795/771, so my CK FAKOs are much higher than my FICOs). I actually had no idea what I was doing when I decided to rebuild. I messed up my credit when I was younger, then defaulted on a student loan, and missed some payments on CC. I had my head in the sand and kept it there for years. This year, I decided to grow up and finally got up the courage to download my free CRs in March. I disputed a bunch of TL in my CRs, and this week had student loan TL that had "Collection Account" notations and 14x lates (including 120-day lates) completely wiped by all three CRAs. I also had myself added to some beautifully seasoned AUs. I'm going to start goodwilling the remaining lates. I would not have known to do any of this were it not for members sharing their experiences and advice.

When I started the rebuild, I just assumed that my scores weren't good enough for unsecured cards. I initially only applied for secured cards (BoA with a $300 CL, and, ironically, the Cap1 secured with a $200 CL). I then applied for a Discover, thinking that I might get counter-offered the secured (having read about it on the boards), and was shocked that I was offered the unsecured with a $1,000 CL and the 22% APR.)

It's a month later and I'm getting this Cap1 Venture that's ten times that Discover amount, and a whopping 5,000% higher than the Cap1 secured! Did I do that math right? Now I'm wondering if I should apply for the QS or another unsecured card with another bank and get rid of the secured BoA so I can get my $300 deposit back. (Their customer service is terrible. The Discover people, though are a pleasure to deal with.) The BoA hasn't even reported yet. But I heard that it graduates, and I've already paid the AF. Should I cancel it?

I'm also wondering if I should apply for the Chase Freedom -- I've had Chase cards in the past, all had good standing and never missed a payment, and I've been banking with them for the past eleven years. I'm also on a flawless, seasoned Chase AU account. (Not sure if that will help. I hope this $10K CL will help.)

I can't begin to say how grateful I am to this community. I've also done alot of research and have been pretty aggressive about getting on the right track. I think if you put the work into it -- and go into it knowing that this is a big game that you can work, within limits and if you know the rules -- anyone can bring up their scores. Thank you.

Message 172 of 257
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pre-qualified: Yes

FICO scores across 3 bureaus:TU 645 EX 614 EQ 636

Inquiries:20+

AAoA:1.5yrs (Opened many new accounts in the last month)

Current highest credit line:$3500 (Visa) $5K (SC)

CL upon approval: Not approved, recon- was told only reason not approved was I have too many Cap1 accounts I'm not eligable for more than 2 currently, recommended I close one account and call back? Letter said I am not elagable for more cards at this time. No remarks about my 1 collection.

Income (no need to be specific) 50K SE

Wondering what my CL would be if I followed the analyst's recommendation. 

Message 173 of 257
Anonymous
Not applicable

How many capital one cards do you have? I thought 5 was the max?
Message 174 of 257
stagefoursurvivor
Established Contributor

5 Cards IS the limit except for the credit steps cards, then only 2. Apparently they have different sections for the 2 categories. I had 5 cards then closed the non-rewards card after Venture approval

11/14/14 Total CL $1,100; 6/30/15 Total CL $180K
Message 175 of 257
pi-r-squared
Frequent Contributor

Pre-qualified: YES

FICO scores across 3 bureaus:  EQ:  722, TU: 698, EX: 712

Inquiries: EQ: 2, TU: 2, EX: 1 

AAoA: 7 years

Current highest credit line: $5,000

Util:  21%

CL upon approval: $15,000 @ 12.9% APR

Income (no need to be specific) $57K

BADDIES:  2 paid medical collections both August 2011,

BK-7 (August 2006)

Message 176 of 257
KnowMoreGrowMore
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Aarvard wrote:

Hi guys,

Would you mind sharing some stats for your Cap1 approval? I'm trying to consolidate the the data of the approvals to make one "last" ditch effort before... *well you know what I mean* Smiley Very Happy

Please share the stats if you are comfortable to

Pre-qualified: Yes (Venture, Venture One, and QS)

FICO: EQ 704   TU  714    EX  713

Inq: EQ: 2    TU: 1    EX  3  

AAoA: 13 years, 11 years, 14 years

Current highest credit line: $1,000 (but I am also reported on an AU account that is $12,000, not sure if that's making a difference)

CL upon approval: $10,000 (my jaw dropped and I silently mouthed an expletive.) 12.9% APR

Income: low $50ish

Util: 1-3%

Staggering amount of student loans

Baddies: Four lates on three SL TLs, late 2009-early 2010.

I wasn't going to apply except that I read a thread tonight about how the "Venture train" might be leaving soon. (Thanks to whoever started that thread.) I had just signed up for myFICO's 3B monitoring service today and was really happy -- I mean, really happy -- to see my FICO scores above 700.

And to be honest, I'm a little shocked that I got a $10K CL. I'm ALOT shocked, actually. I've been rebuilding for about a month. (Yes, one month.) My starting FICOs in late March 2015 were 630-650s. (starting CK scores were 680s, they are now 795/771, so my CK FAKOs are much higher than my FICOs). I actually had no idea what I was doing when I decided to rebuild. I messed up my credit when I was younger, then defaulted on a student loan, and missed some payments on CC. I had my head in the sand and kept it there for years. This year, I decided to grow up and finally got up the courage to download my free CRs in March. I disputed a bunch of TL in my CRs, and this week had student loan TL that had "Collection Account" notations and 14x lates (including 120-day lates) completely wiped by all three CRAs. I also had myself added to some beautifully seasoned AUs. I'm going to start goodwilling the remaining lates. I would not have known to do any of this were it not for members sharing their experiences and advice.

When I started the rebuild, I just assumed that my scores weren't good enough for unsecured cards. I initially only applied for secured cards (BoA with a $300 CL, and, ironically, the Cap1 secured with a $200 CL). I then applied for a Discover, thinking that I might get counter-offered the secured (having read about it on the boards), and was shocked that I was offered the unsecured with a $1,000 CL and the 22% APR.)

It's a month later and I'm getting this Cap1 Venture that's ten times that Discover amount, and a whopping 5,000% higher than the Cap1 secured! Did I do that math right? Now I'm wondering if I should apply for the QS or another unsecured card with another bank and get rid of the secured BoA so I can get my $300 deposit back. (Their customer service is terrible. The Discover people, though are a pleasure to deal with.) The BoA hasn't even reported yet. But I heard that it graduates, and I've already paid the AF. Should I cancel it?

I'm also wondering if I should apply for the Chase Freedom -- I've had Chase cards in the past, all had good standing and never missed a payment, and I've been banking with them for the past eleven years. I'm also on a flawless, seasoned Chase AU account. (Not sure if that will help. I hope this $10K CL will help.)

I can't begin to say how grateful I am to this community. I've also done alot of research and have been pretty aggressive about getting on the right track. I think if you put the work into it -- and go into it knowing that this is a big game that you can work, within limits and if you know the rules -- anyone can bring up their scores. Thank you.

Congrats!! Venture is also a good looking card in the wallet. Smiley Wink 

FICO 08 TU: 722 EX: 724 EQ: 728 May 2018
INQs: TU:1 EX:0 EQ:1
Message 177 of 257
Anonymous
Not applicable

Date of App: 4/17/15

Prequal: Yes

Fico Scores: EX 675 TU 701 EQ 670

Inq: EX 11 TU 3 EQ 6

AAoA: 1.5 years

Highest Credit line: $4400 Freedom (5k CSP and 4k ED not reporting yet)

Util: 15%

Baddies: 6

Income: 54k

Instant approval for 10k @17.9%

Message 178 of 257
JcT21
Frequent Contributor

Pre-qualified: no

FICO scores across 3 bureaus: low 700's

Inquiries: 9-16-12 (auto loan inq's)

AAoA: nearing 3yrs

Current highest credit line: 10k before i got venture

CL upon approval: 15k

income: 62k

fico scores - March 2024:
TU - 727 | EX - 732 | EQ - 736 |
TCL - 168K - UTIL - less than 1%
Message 179 of 257
Danizzle
New Contributor

Pre-qualified: Yes

FICO scores across 3 bureaus: 715-740 I'm guessing

Inquiries: I haven't checked in awhile but I'm guessing around 5 on each CB

AAoA: ~1.5 years

Current highest credit line: $10,900

CL upon approval: $10,000 @ 17.9%

Income (no need to be specific): 55000

All FICO scores as of 9.1.14: Exp 744, Eq 745, TU 764
Goal: 800+ across the board
Message 180 of 257
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.