Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ritz APPROVAL AFTER SAPPHIRE RESERVE DENIAL

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ritz APPROVAL AFTER SAPPHIRE RESERVE DENIAL

So I applied for the Chase Sapphire Reserved and got the 7-10 day denial. (if you get that its almost always a denial....or so I thought).  5/24 rule sucks.  But then I rememberd that some cards don't fall under the 5/24 rule (IHG, Hyatt(apped for that one 7/16 with approval), British Airways, and Ritz Carlton. Apped for the Ritz since I've benn eyeing that card and for the perks and the metal card and I didn't want to waste a credit pull from Chase.  Ended up getting the same 7-10 day message but checked my accout and to my surprise I was approved for the Visa Infinite at $10,000!!! So far my highes limit, APR sucks just like on my Sapphire that I got earlier this year though. The Hyatt apr is lower than both.  I'm wondering why I have a lower apr on the Hyatt than the Ritz and Sapphire cards???

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Ritz APPROVAL AFTER SAPPHIRE RESERVE DENIAL

CONGRATS!

I'm in 30 day purgatory right now for the Ritz (apped for the Sig, since highest credit limit is only $4K, and I think $10k is minimum for Visa Infinite).

Hopefully I'll join you in the Ritz club soon!

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I mainly stay at Hyatts and Marriotts but I'll give the Rtiz a try not that I have the card. The thing that sucks about Chase's 5/24 is that I got approved for the Hyatt and now the Ritz so I definetly have the scores to get approved for a 5/24 card. But as i said i have been eyeing the Ritz Card for a long while now so I'm not that bummed about getting but the Reserve would have been better....Guess I'll have to wait till 2018 to get my hands on it. Hope my Hyatt still gets some use now that I have this one

Message 3 of 8
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

Congrats to you  !!!!

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

CONGRATS !!!  Same here. Apped for the CSR, got the 7-10 day review. Went ahead and apped for the Ritz and IHG so I won't waste a HP. All went to 7-10 day review online. Checked on automated status line an hour later and was approved for the Ritz. The IHG and CSR are still in 7-10 day review.  I know it's a denial anyway. Sucks we don't have any Chase banks here in North Carolina.  I'm at 16/24. It was worth a try for the CSR. I'm very surprised and ecstatic to get approved for the Ritz. I guess I'll wait till 2018. I hope they still have the 100K points bonus. 

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats, I also apped for ritz Last week was approved 10k sl. Just got card today, I have to said I love card feel and look.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Congrats, I also apped for ritz Last week was approved 10k sl. Just got card today, I have to said I love card feel and look.

Been watching the unboxing on YouTube. I hope it doesn't come in a white envelope wrapped in toilet paper. LOL. Does the Ritz come in Infinite now or there's also a Signature version of it?

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

So I applied for the Chase Sapphire Reserved and got the 7-10 day denial. (if you get that its almost always a denial....or so I thought).  5/24 rule sucks.  But then I rememberd that some cards don't fall under the 5/24 rule (IHG, Hyatt(apped for that one 7/16 with approval), British Airways, and Ritz Carlton. Apped for the Ritz since I've benn eyeing that card and for the perks and the metal card and I didn't want to waste a credit pull from Chase.  Ended up getting the same 7-10 day message but checked my accout and to my surprise I was approved for the Visa Infinite at $10,000!!! So far my highes limit, APR sucks just like on my Sapphire that I got earlier this year though. The Hyatt apr is lower than both.  I'm wondering why I have a lower apr on the Hyatt than the Ritz and Sapphire cards???

Congratulations to you!...Thanks for sharing.Smiley LOL

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.