Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ritz Carlton Approval

tag
ridgebackpilot
Established Contributor

Ritz Carlton Approval

Well, I'm two-for-two this week! First AMEX instantly approved my Blue Cash Preferred card (the "Grocery Card"). Then after much thought I finally decided to pull the trigger on the JP Morgan Ritz Carlton Rewards card. I travel a great deal for both work and play, and I occasionally stay at Ritz Carlton properties.

That was yesterday; I received the 30-day message and Email from Chase. They pulled my Experian at 702. The automated application status line said, "We'll let you know our decision within two weeks". This morning I received a call from JP Morgan's Fraud Department. A very pleasant CSR asked a few verification questions; she said they're being extra careful in the wake of the Equifax hack. I told her we all appreciate that. She said they just wanted to be absolutely certain that I had in fact applied for the Ritz card. After she verified my identity she submitted my application and I was instantly approved for the Ritz Carlton card with an initual SL of $10,000.

This experience reinforced my sense that the Ritz Carlton is a JP Morgan card, NOT a co-branded Chase card. In fact, Chase recently denied me the Amazon Prime Rewards card, citing too many accounts and recent applications with them. But that didn't seem to bother JP Morgan at all. Maybe it helped that that I'm a Chase Private Client and JP Morgan manages my IRA investments.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: Ritz Carlton Approval

Good for you on the back to back approvals Smiley Happy

Congrats! on choosing the Ritz

Message 2 of 4
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

Congrats!

Message 3 of 4
taekwon
Regular Contributor

Congratulations!!

Starting Scores: EQ 598, EX 566, TU 550, 3/31/13 ....... Goal Score: 830
Current Scores: EQ 845, EX 841, TU 836 ..................... Inq: EQ: 0, EX: 1, TU: 1

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.