Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ritz Carlton CLI + CSP, True Value Discover & Elder-Beerman auto-CLIs

tag
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Ritz Carlton CLI + CSP, True Value Discover & Elder-Beerman auto-CLIs

So, I played in the sandbox with Chase a little bit the other day right as my year-end credit activities are winding down.  And, as others have posted recently (as far as auto-CLIs), I received one less than a week ago for CSP (previous CL was $18,000) with the new CL $26,500. A big shout out and a triple Smiley Wink wink Smiley Wink wink Smiley Wink to kdm who doesn't see these very often, especially so high!! Smiley Tongue  Needless to say, I was surprised on that one.

I also requested a CLI on Ritz a couple days ago figuring I'd probably hit my internal ceiling with them (or be declined), and while I was on hold for quite a bit while they asked a few questions, they eventually approved the CLI without having to reduce or reallocate (of course this was with HP).  I've had the card for about 11 months now.  While I was at it, I called the consolidations line and reallocated some CL from my United MP Select card to the United MP Explorer.  They did it in about 3 minutes after verifying some account information and done.

I also received some Comenity auto-CLI suprises (didn't request them) but I hadn't noticed until a few days ago until I received the congratulations email/snail mail on both.  True Value Discover went from $12,000 to $15,000 and Elder-Beerman card from $14,500 - $18,500.  True Value Discover is a little over a year old and started at $6K.

CSP Auto.jpg

RITZ CLI.jpg

TVD.jpg

EB.jpg

Message 1 of 45
44 REPLIES 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Ritz Carlton CLI + CSP, True Value Discover & Elder-Beerman auto-CLIs

Sweet!  Congrats.

Message 2 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is OUTSTANDING Finstar, congrats on the CLI's Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 45
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Sweet!  Congrats.

Thanks Shoreguy!

Message 4 of 45
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Very nice Finstar! impressive Ritz Limit!  I see you have a bit over 80k of CL's on just those 3 cards, you have others as well correct?   What is your total exposure with at Chase currently if you don't mind sharing as I remember you have an IHG at least as well.. 

Nice on the Comedity fronts as well and you said AUTO-CLI? Didn't even ask them for it from SP button, they just gave it to you?  Wow! 

I expect to see a few more things trickle in from you before the end of the year lol.. Been one heck of a year for you.

Message 5 of 45
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

This is OUTSTANDING Finstar, congrats on the CLI's Smiley Happy

Thank you Mia! I guess the "aftershocks" are done for a while Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 45
creditguy
Valued Contributor

Those account summaries are a thing of beauty Congrats on your CLI's 

Message 7 of 45
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats!!
Message 8 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fin, you are my hero! Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 45
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Very nice Finstar! impressive Ritz Limit!  Is see you have a bit over 80k of CL's on just those 3 cards, you have others as well correct?   What is your total exposure with at Chase currently if you don't mind sharing as I remember you have an IHG at least as well.. 

Nice on the Comedity fronts as well and you said AUTO-CLI? Didn't even ask them for it from SP button, they just gave it to you?  Wow! 

I expect to see a few more things trickle in from you before the end of the year lol.. Been one heck of a year for you.

Thanks CC!  Yes, I have IHG, SWA, AARP, British & Hyatt besides the above.  Total exposure with them is roughly $130,000 (doing math in my head), plus I also have a heavy Chase relationship.  I reallocated some CLs around with the last approvals several months back to reduce some CLs and bring others up.  When I try for Marriott, I'll be closing the Chase MPS (older card) and likely AARP will fold into another one (or swap it for the approval) but I haven't decided yet.  Definitely no Palladium for me!  Smiley Tongue

On the Comenity side, yes... no CLI requests on the phone or online.  I didn't want to get stuck with a HP since they've been skittish lately with those and wanted to save the HPs for something more worth in the end!  The Elder-Beerman card is about 4 years old and has steadily grown with auto-CLIs for the most part.

ETA: I forgot Freedom is also part of the mix above Smiley Tongue

Message 10 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.