Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ritz....oops

tag
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Ritz....oops

First applied back in December, but the CSR called and wanted my EX pin. I didn't want to give it to her and she decided to deny even after I offered to thaw and call back. Went for it again last night, got the same pending result. I've never had an instant decision from Chase. Has anyone just waited out the process on this card?
Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Re: Ritz....oops

On this card, I didn't get instant approval but verification took less than 5 minutes and resulted in an approval so it was the quickest I've ever had with any Chase card that's for sure. I think JP Morgan's Ritz line handled that aspect instead of normal Chase UW. I've never gotten instant approval on any of my Chase approvals and my AARP took the longest to get approved for during the verification process (1 week). They pulled EQ for me.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 2 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@B335is wrote:
First applied back in December, but the CSR called and wanted my EX pin. I didn't want to give it to her and she decided to deny even after I offered to thaw and call back. Went for it again last night, got the same pending result. I've never had an instant decision from Chase. Has anyone just waited out the process on this card?

Keep us posted.  It is am impressive card.  I hope you get a better analyst this time.

Message 3 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

How these companies work and the range of peoples experiences really makes me scratch my head.  I was able to get instant approval online for the Marriott and Ritz card, yet when I appd a week earlier for a Citi Hilton card I was hit with the FR.

Best of luck B335is and hope you get an approval!

Message 4 of 27
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Popamode,

Which number did you call? I still have their response from my last app with an 800 to call. Maybe I'll try that one.
Message 5 of 27
Creditcurious74
Frequent Contributor

Good luck this time .

Message 6 of 27
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@B335is wrote:
Popamode,

Which number did you call? I still have their response from my last app with an 800 to call. Maybe I'll try that one.

Chase: 888-245-0625 (Credit Analyst - Recons) ..  They might transfer you to Chase Priority service (JP Morgan) side or verification..  Just ask them status.

Message 7 of 27
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Ok I called 888-270-2127 and after getting my info, he said it was approved earlier this morning for $5k.
Message 8 of 27
Creditcurious74
Frequent Contributor

@B335is wrote:
Ok I called 888-270-2127 and after getting my info, he said it was approved earlier this morning for $5k.

Congratulations!!! 5k is a good starting limit. I'm sure within 6 month to a year you will double it. 

Message 9 of 27
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Thanks Zelaya. Chase seems to be on to me.
Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.