Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rooms To Go.....Approved!!!

tag
chucky1234
Contributor

Rooms To Go.....Approved!!!

I was at Rooms To Go tonight and applied at the store for the R2G (Synchrony) card and was approved for $1,500. Not to happy with the limit since my TU score is 667.

I was expecting around $4k, but I plan on calling Credit Solutions in the morning to get a higher credit limit. Anybody has had luck doing this?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Rooms To Go.....Approved!!!

If this is Synchrony Financial, i would expect another hard pull.
Message 2 of 6
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

+1 Joe

If you set up your online account and had to go through Mysynchrony.com portal, then chances are it will be another HP

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! I got approved yesterday for $1500 as well. My TU score is a little lower than yours but I think $1500 isn't bad since Sync normally gives CLI's generously over time.
Message 4 of 6
iowe
Regular Contributor

I've had a rooms to go card for a little over a year and when Icwas approved my TU score was around 670. I can tell you I think the magic credit score (TU for synchrony and it's a soft pull by phone) is 700. Once I got above 700 my limit went from the SL of 1900 up to 5000, then a month after that up agan to 10000.

Seems like all synchrony cards with the exception of maybe lowes like to be stingy until you break through 700... just my experience.

2024 Goal: To finally be debt free
Message 5 of 6
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@iowe wrote:
I've had a rooms to go card for a little over a year and when Icwas approved my TU score was around 670. I can tell you I think the magic credit score (TU for synchrony and it's a soft pull by phone) is 700. Once I got above 700 my limit went from the SL of 1900 up to 5000, then a month after that up agan to 10000.

Seems like all synchrony cards with the exception of maybe lowes like to be stingy until you break through 700... just my experience.

+1

This is been my own experience with them as well.

First Walmart then Amazon but couldn't for my life land their bankcards OR get much of a decent SP CLI until the FICO TU Score crossed 700. After that then they were Xtremely generous and have been ever since.

Congratulations!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.