Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCT Not all Soft Pulls

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

SCT Not all Soft Pulls

Been getting a lot of info in this forum and thought I would share an experience.  A lot of the info here and on the web in general says that SCTs are soft pulls if they only request the last of your social Not so. I did th sct with Gander Mountain MC. They only asked for the last 4 but it was a hard hit on TU. Was approved for $1500. 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: SCT Not all Soft Pulls

thanks for that info.  ive been wanting the SCT to pop up for me on gander.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Most of the SCT cards that are offered as a major revolving not a store card are hard pulls. I don;t remember seeing any that weren't

Message 3 of 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Ive read this as well, the visas/mc now seem to warrant hps .
Message 4 of 9
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

OP, if you had read the posts, the MC/Visa cards have been hard pulls for well over a year now
NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 5 of 9
Spotsy
Frequent Contributor

Hi Bear50....welcome to the forums!!

There has been a lot of talk around here that Comenity has started doing a HP for their Vias and MC branded cards...but the store cards seem to still rely on a SP for approval.

First off, congrats on getting a MC from them!  I am not lucky enough to get a SCT popup for one of those Visa/MC branded cards from Comenity :-(. There are some occasional threads about getting a Visa/MC without a HP...but those have become very rare.

My favorite term on here is YMMV (Your Mileage May Vary)...and it is soooo true.  With CCs and approvals, it can change at a moments notice weither you are in or out.

Congrat again on the approval!!

FICO 8: TU:831 / EQ:837 / EX:827 as of 12/25/2023
Message 6 of 9
Ysettle4
Valued Contributor

Not entirely true. I was recently approved for the sportsman guide visa via SCT in July and it was not a hard pull. Also had the opportunity to get the William-Sonoma visa via SCT but declined it. It was a SP as well

769 INQs: 6774 INQs: 5764 INQs: 8UTIL: 2%AAoA: 5yr 8mosTotal Credit Line: $873,950
Message 7 of 9
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

@ fltireguy  "OP, if you had read the posts, the MC/Visa cards have been hard pulls for well over a year now "

This isnt completely true. There is a way to make sure its a SP.  I did this with Sportsmans Guide Visa.  I went through checkout as guest and got the popup. I did not decline the offer I just simply closed the window and left.  Three weeks later I tried this again, again got the popup and again I closed the screen without declining the ofer.

About 3 weeks later, a get a preapproved offer in mail from Comenity  Luckily I had just got a copy of my EQ report and saw the SP coded as a PRM so I knew i wasnt going to get a HP.  I accepted offer on Sept 2nd, got my card, and still no HP.  this does work for Sportsmans but I dont know about the other mc/vs/disc cards.

@OP.  Congrats on Gander.Ive been trying for the popup with no success.  I wish Comenity would pull my TU likke they did for you

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Meanmchine wrote:

@ fltireguy  "OP, if you had read the posts, the MC/Visa cards have been hard pulls for well over a year now "

This isnt completely true. There is a way to make sure its a SP.  I did this with Sportsmans Guide Visa.  I went through checkout as guest and got the popup. I did not decline the offer I just simply closed the window and left.  Three weeks later I tried this again, again got the popup and again I closed the screen without declining the ofer.

About 3 weeks later, a get a preapproved offer in mail from Comenity  Luckily I had just got a copy of my EQ report and saw the SP coded as a PRM so I knew i wasnt going to get a HP.  I accepted offer on Sept 2nd, got my card, and still no HP.  this does work for Sportsmans but I dont know about the other mc/vs/disc cards.

@OP.  Congrats on Gander.Ive been trying for the popup with no success.  I wish Comenity would pull my TU likke they did for you

Now that getting it in the mail made the difference, I've seen that one and it happened to me with Buckle and NYCO once I closed the Popup a few times, it came in the mail and the wording on the suggested there was no HP. Sometimes online it's hit or miss...it's more hit then anything though on the majors. Over a year ago it was a given you could get a SP.......but....lately..its been more HP

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.