Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCT - Shopping cart trick

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: SCT - Shopping cart trick

Great Post! Followed the instructions given on the SCT and BAM!! $5000 from OS and then approved for Sportsman's guide Visa. Do you have to call to see what your limit is on the SG Visa?.....Thanks again!!!!

Message 21 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't get overstock to work.. can op or others approved share their scores?
Message 22 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Add a $100 item to your cart and then check out as a guest then fill in your personal info and then press checkout after that the pre-approve should pop up, if that dont work you might need to do it by a different browser.

Message 23 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I can't get overstock to work.. can op or others approved share their scores?

I had to create an Overstock account to get it to work.

Message 24 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

My trick was a brand new laptop that had never been on the internet. Sign up for all their goofy emails, cant hurt. Log back in with another browser, mix it up. Worth the effort to get that PU. Overstock does have a cable modem that is cheaper than everywhere else right now, puma shoes are priced the same, so its not 3500 dollar chandeliers and Italian gold sunglasses like SOME OTHER sct sellers heh. 

Message 25 of 44
Alpha
New Contributor

I just got an OS offer with a $2000 limit. my score is 627 and my chapter 7 was final March 11.  thanks for the tips on the Shopping Cart Trick.

Message 26 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah I found out about this not too long ago. I was able to get an Overstock card 2000 CL, Gardner White Furniture 2500 CL and a Buckle card 500 CL.

Message 27 of 44
LadyJEsq
Established Contributor

Is it just me or does it seem that the SCT is the ugly stepchild of the board. Very few people seem to comment in these types of thread (from what I've seen). Just curious why that is. Since I'm interested in a couple of, what I call, store cards (they're VISAs),  with the potential for only a SP, I would be really interested in other's thoughts on how best to go about this. 

**FICO 8 Scores EQ EX TU **

Message 28 of 44
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Nice limit on the Overstock.

Getting a VISA on a SP, doesn't get better than that Smiley Happy

+1. True Dat!

Message 29 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

In the long run theyre not that great. The idea is to have another building tool. In 6 months whatever accounts you got should have increases, score bump and history-- qualifying for the better retail Cards from synchrony, and prime Cards from whomever you choose.

Everyone story is different some thin file people get slammed with a wonderful $5,000 limit from Chase Freedom right out of the gate and other people only get a $1,000 limit Ive had to play this rebuilding game with other banks there are inferior
Message 30 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.