Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDFCU rocks! $20k approval!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

SDFCU rocks! $20k approval!

This happened in October but wanted to share for others. 689 Experian Fico according to SDFCU, $20k limit, 9.99% apr, $0 fee balance transfer. I don't recall utilization at the time but it was high, probably around 60%.

If you are building/rebuilding credit, get an SDFCU secured card asap. Seriously. I opened an SDFCU secured card about 3 years ago. I used it heavily until I managed to get a Chase card. I decreased the limit but kept the card open. Flash forward 3 years later, I'm ready to get my first auto loan. I app with SDFCU and get approved for up to $30k at 3%. While discussing the loan with a rep, she tells me that I can use the same credit pull to apply for an SDFCU credit card and that I should be approved with my score. I say okay and get the approval!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: SDFCU rocks! $20k approval!

Throwin up my air guitar for yaSmiley Happy
Message 2 of 7
ShatteredK
Regular Contributor

Congrats on the approval!
.:: AmEx Gold Delta | AmEx Blue Cash | Citi AAdvantage | Chase Amazon Prime Signature Visa | Wells Fargo Platinum::.
02.15.18:
Today:
Message 3 of 7
Gregory1776
Valued Contributor

Wow, that’s what I want! 10% sweet! Is that the lowest they go? And what card? Nice to job!

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

They go as low as 8.24-- my scores put me into the "B Tier" according to the rep so I didn't qualify for those rates. They only have 2 credit card options-- 1 secured and 1 unsecured. They both accumulate points for spending though and have 0 foreign transaction fees. I used the points I accrued on my secured card to book hotel rooms through their rewards site without a problem. And the customer service has been excellent in my experience. Highly recommend! 

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice Limit! I just got the card in January at the 8.24 but only a 10k limit. Would have like the extra limit over the better rate, but still happy. Congrats!
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Would be nice to have both Smiley Happy Do you have a prior relationship with SDFCU? What's your highest limit card currently at? I'm surprised at the limit they gave me but I imagine my 3 years of history + the high limit on my Lowe's card ($35k) both helped.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.