Did you mean: 

Sallie Mae - 6mos CLI

tag
Man-Of-Steel
Established Contributor

Re: Sallie Mae - 6mos CLI

@longtimelurker wrote:

@MJ-san wrote:

Main reason for posting was to indicate that usage appears to play into their CLI decisionmaking process.

How much usage (you said "the hell out of it" but with the caps that can still be fairly small).  Im at 17 months without a CLI.

Congrats to the OP!  I would also like to know what type of usage we are talking about here.  My 6th statement cut today and there was no CLI.  I don't need a CLI, but I was curious to see if I'd get one, since I've heard that they sometimes happen at the 6th or 7th statement cut.  I've spent approximately $1500 on this card over the course of the past 6 months.  I'd be curious to know what "heavy" usage looks like for this card in a 6 month period.

Message 11 of 17
uswala
Senior Contributor

Congrats!

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats..

Message 13 of 17
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:
Just because there are no questions doesnt mean that the thread gets closed. If we cannot be supportive of the OP its best to move on to another thread.

What's the supportive part in "congrats" or "sweet"?

This forum has a multitude of people that stretch from the accomplished to being currently in BK. When a member posts that something has been achieved we should acknowledge that with a proper response and if we cannot do that then its time to move on to another thread as I have already stated. We are not here to judge a members post and if we cant be friendly, supportive and respectful in a response then again its time to move on.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Friendly-Supportive-and-Respectful/td-p/2797115

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MJ-san wrote:

I was not holding my breath - I've had the Ring for several years with -0- CLI. I also only use that card to park stuff at the lower 8% APR so not much use. 

6th statement cut ... and it went from 5k to 8k. My FICO (according to Barclay) hasn't really moved in that 6 month timeframe, but I have been using the hell out of it - all grocery, Amazon, and some gas. 

I think that the more you use it the more they will open it up for you - at least based on my experience. 

Congratulations! I'll be looking forward to my 6th statement. What kind of util did you keep? 

Message 15 of 17
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
No questions - ok thread closed!

SMH...  Closing threads is my job.  Smiley Wink

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

TY for this info... interesting.. leaving a balance versus having a card as a daily.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.