Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sallie Mae MC.... APPROVED!

tag
coolbrad
Valued Member

Re: Sallie Mae MC.... APPROVED!

@boomhower wrote:

You guys are killing me with these Sallie Mae threads.  I want it so bad but I'm holding off until my report is clean in July/August.   I'm holding off for the lowerst APR and hopefully World version.

Thats exactly how it was for me!  I finally couldn't resist anymore and took the plunge.

Message 11 of 23
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

Congrats coolbrad!!! And nice starting limit!

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 12 of 23
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 13 of 23
coolbrad
Valued Member

@09Lexie wrote:
Congrats. Maybe you can recon for the $600.

I thought about that.  Do you think they'd do it and upgrade me to World status?

Message 14 of 23
chan85
Established Contributor

Crap....so you're perfect lol

::sigh::

Hopefully by end of year I'll look better.....
Current Debt Management:
$15k Trinity Financial Management (scheduled pay off late 2021)
$10k NFCU
$350/mth Bridgecrest Auto Loan
Goals: Pay off credit card debt & buy a new home before end of 2020

Long Term Debt:
Fed Loans - $150k
Navient - $100k

Taking a "if God don't do it, it won't get done..." approach to paying these off.
Message 15 of 23
tatterz
New Contributor

Congrats!! I've had my  Sallie for a month now and I freaking LOVE it. It's perfect for me.

Its funny, when I first joined there was never any discussion of this card and not a single thread about it so I made a thread and now Sallie spreads......giggidy.

TU: 730 (Lender Pull) ; EQ: 738 (MyFico)
Barclay's Sallie Mae 5% Mastercard $1k(4/2013)- My main beach
Chase Freedom $3k (3/2013) - My side beach
Amex BCE $6k (3/2013) - When I feel like a boss
Crapital One Platinum $750 (2/2010) - When I feel like a n00b
Message 16 of 23
enharu
Super Contributor

@coolbrad wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

I thought about that.  Do you think they'd do it and upgrade me to World status?

it will be another HP if you want the additional 600.
It's not guaranteed they'll give it to you, but if you can spare the inquiry and think your CR is decent, its worth the try. My gf did it and they gave her a much higher CL and converted her to world MC.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 17 of 23
coolbrad
Valued Member

@tatterz wrote:

Congrats!! I've had my  Sallie for a month now and I freaking LOVE it. It's perfect for me.

Its funny, when I first joined there was never any discussion of this card and not a single thread about it so I made a thread and now Sallie spreads......giggidy.

Yeah I actually only found out about this card because of this forum.  I would've probably ended up with an Amex BCE otherwise.

@enharu wrote:

@coolbrad wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

it will be another HP if you want the additional 600.
It's not guaranteed they'll give it to you, but if you can spare the inquiry and think your CR is decent, its worth the try. My gf did it and they gave her a much higher CL and converted her to world MC.

Eh I guess I won't worry about it then.  Don't want another HP.

Message 18 of 23
cableguy123
Regular Contributor

i have a 10k limit with the sallie mae card i actually got mine when it was sallie mae that handled all the accounts but when they sold them to barcleys they gave me the platinum version i wonder if i can call them and get the world mmm

Message 19 of 23
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@coolbrad wrote:

Today I stepped out of the garden and finally gave into my undying urge to apply for the Sallie Mae MC!  Not only was I approved instantly but my initial credit line is $4400!  I had been eyeing this card since January but told myself to wait because of all the new credit I obtained last year. 

I'm very excited for my card to arrive because the rewards structure is perfect since I am a single college student.  This will definetly become my primary card.

The only downside was that I was $600 short of getting the "World" version but even then its not a big deal since the Platinum version's rewards are the same.  Anyway back to the garden I go!

Very nice job!

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.