Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sallie Mae World MC Approved!!! Wow!!!

tag
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

Sallie Mae World MC Approved!!! Wow!!!

Okay, maybe I shouldn't make credit decisions in a snit, but the anemic Sam's Club MC isn't working too well for me.   I figured that maybe I should just move my gas spend off that card.   Since everyone here loves Sallie Mae MC, I figured "why not?"

And I nearly fainted!

Sallie Mae.jpg

Approved at $12,500!   That is far and away my biggest approval ever!   It's also my very first 5-digit CL approval and is now my 2nd highest CL!   Wow!   I am extremely happy about this!

Some data points:   TU08 is 759, no baddies, $44K income.   IIRC, TU has about 4 INQ factored into the score.   Newest accounts on TU were Discover and Sam's Club from June.   

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Sallie Mae World MC Approved!!! Wow!!!

Very nice, congrats!

Message 2 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

SunriseEarth - awesome huge approval. Congrats ... seems Barclays Sallie Mae World Master Cards usually are approved for smaller CLs. You just blew that out of the water. WOW!
Message 3 of 34
elim
Senior Contributor

Is this your first Barclaycard? or did you close one?

My friend just got approved for 10k and it's her first card with Barclay (the 2nd total in her wallet) and not great income / 725 TU.

edit:  congrats!

Message 4 of 34
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats nice and big approval Smiley Happy..  Might want to consider opening a ring or something if you need a nice low APR card in a month or so and move some of the limit of the SM to the ring as obviously that limit isn't needed on a capped card, just a thought if you want to get another app in there Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Nice approval!

Message 6 of 34
ddemari
Super Contributor

Big congrats to you, SunRise. Awesome limit!
Message 7 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

What a terrific card and a spectacular limit!!! Congratulations!

You'll love how quickly Sallie Mae's rewards post!!!

Message 8 of 34
Pway
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval and awesome limit.

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 9 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome! Congrats!

Message 10 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.