Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sallie Mae World Mastercard

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sallie Mae World Mastercard

Really weird, a 90+ day derogatory baddie ive been crying over posted since May 2008 magically vanished this week. Smiley Surprised Tried fighting it an failed 2 times.

Pulled my report to confirm, and checked my freshly updated credit karma last night. GONE. I dont know how, or why, i got a few theories but thats not important for this post. Maybe its time was up some how.

Woke up this morning feeling itchy from being in the garden for 7 months.

Pulled the trigger, Said Approved for $3,100 CL World Mastercard.  22% APR. Smiley Sad

Id call and recon for a higher limit. But i wont be going over $250 with it. Its just for gas and light grocery shopping.

Question about the world mastercard version. It said i was approved for a world mastercard, but i was under the impression that it wont be unless you have over 5k. Is this correct? Can you have a WMC with under 5k?

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Sallie Mae World Mastercard

@Anonymous wrote:

Really weird, a 90+ day derogatory baddie ive been crying over posted since May 2008 magically vanished this week. Smiley Surprised Tried fighting it an failed 2 times.

Pulled my report to confirm, and checked my freshly updated credit karma last night. GONE. I dont know how, or why, i got a few theories but thats not important for this post. Maybe its time was up some how.

Pulled the trigger, Said Approved for $3,100 CL World Mastercard.  22% APR. Smiley Sad

Id call and recon for a higher limit. But i wont be going over $250 dollars with it. Its just for gas and light grocery shopping.

Question about the world mastercard verison. It said i was approved for a world mastercard, but i was under the impression that it wont be unless you have over 5k. Is this correct? Can you have have a WMC with under 5k?

You got the WMC.. Not true about 5k min anymore for WMC.  Heck with a different card someone had a 600 limit with a WEMC card.

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

NICE. I noticed too when i click benefit info it does indeed say WMC on statement page. Good to know.

Im going to call for a CL recon. 3.1k is just not a good look.

Message 3 of 14
northface28
Established Contributor

Make sure they use the same HP.

BK Discharged 9/11

Cap1 Quiksilver Visa Signature $41k| Discover IT $24k| Barclays Uber VISA $16.2k|BOA Cash Rewards $8.4k| BOA BBR $6k|AMEX Cash Magnet $12.8k|AMEX BCP $16.6k|Huntington Voice $5.5k|Citi Double Cash $5.7k| US Bank Cash+ $6.5k
Message 4 of 14
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Id call and recon for a higher limit. But i wont be going over $250 dollars with it. Its just for gas and light grocery shopping.

Question about the world mastercard verison. It said i was approved for a world mastercard, but i was under the impression that it wont be unless you ve over 5k. Is this correct? Can you have have a WMC with under 5k?

Congratulations!

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I didnt even ask to use the same HP. Yikes. Hopefully they didnt do another, im sure he would have said something if he did.

i tried they stood firm on the CL. Said i need to show more spending on this new account or others.

He said the limit seemed appropriate. Smiley Sad

I spend about 1k a month with my cap one but i always pay it off every 2 weeks. I need to get out the habit of doing that since there is no interest yet. My credit reports will show higher usuage. 

Message 6 of 14
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats on the approval

Message 7 of 14
uswala
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the approval!

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!  Great card

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Smiley Happy Dont believe they did another HP, if so the representative should have informed you verbally if it was necessary. In my case the csr stated that within the first 30 days of approval an additional HP would not be needed. Barclay does auto CLI's around the 6th month mark for some, you might get lucky. Enjoy your card!

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.