Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sallie Mae

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Sallie Mae

@Anonymous wrote:

Everyone seems to rate this card very high and I buy a lot on Amazon so I took the plunge.  Applied on Monday and got the under review message .  Citi and the credit unions are the only ones who seem to give me instant approvals.  Normally I would have called right away but decided to wait and see what happened.  Was getting a bit anxious until I got the approval email for $10K at 13.99% last night.  Sorta disappointed with the CL but it will suffice for what I'll use this card for.

Hey, you and I got the same interest rate! Except I had to recon and transfer from another card just to get a $2K limit. 

Message 11 of 26
04Cobra
Frequent Contributor

Congrats! Enjoy your new card and benefits

Discover $21k | Venture $20k | Quicksilver $15k | NICU Rewards MC $13.5k | Costco $14.5k | Citi Costco $12.5k | Chase Sapphire Reserve $10k | Barclay Apple $9.6k | Best Buy MC $10k | Merrick Bank Visa (formerly Hooters) $2.6k |
Message 12 of 26
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats Irish.. That is a pretty good CL for the card tbh and the best APR%, so you did well!  I love the card for gas and amazon although I havent used it for groceries yet due to me being lazy and eating out all the time Smiley Happy..  Hopefully you will get some good use out of it.  That card along with my CSP are my main two I use along with Amex to fill the gaps

Message 13 of 26
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

oh now you gotta get another 10k from them outta the ring lol Smiley Tongue

Message 14 of 26
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

Congrats!!!!!!!!!

Message 15 of 26
baller4life
Super Contributor

WTG Irish!!!! Smiley Happy
Message 16 of 26
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Congrats irish!

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 17 of 26
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Congrats! You are going to love SM.  The SL with 10K is more than enough for that card with the limits Smiley Happy  I had 10K and lowered it to 8K and still more than enough..ha ha

Message 18 of 26
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Everyone seems to rate this card very high and I buy a lot on Amazon so I took the plunge.  Applied on Monday and got the under review message .  Citi and the credit unions are the only ones who seem to give me instant approvals.  Normally I would have called right away but decided to wait and see what happened.  Was getting a bit anxious until I got the approval email for $10K at 13.99% last night.  Sorta disappointed with the CL but it will suffice for what I'll use this card for.

Grats on your SM card Irish Smiley Happy

Message 19 of 26
tonyjones
Valued Contributor

Congrats! I do love the 5% on groceries / gas!

Current Fico Scores: (December 2023)
Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.