Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sam's Club store card approval

tag
ds3
Regular Contributor

Re: Sam's Club store card approval

Oh silly me, I see that now. So why would anyone get a Sam's card if you already have a Walmart card?

To increase my available credit. I have been wanting another GE card since I got the Wally, and Sams was the first to approve me. I don't plan to use either of them all that much, I just wanted a couple of cards that everyone is having growth success with.

Message 11 of 14
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

@ds3 wrote:

Oh silly me, I see that now. So why would anyone get a Sam's card if you already have a Walmart card?

To increase my available credit. I have been wanting another GE card since I got the Wally, and Sams was the first to approve me. I don't plan to use either of them all that much, I just wanted a couple of cards that everyone is having growth success with.

Oh ok, so I guess it just depends on where you are with credit. I have about 188k in revolving credit limits right now, so I'm focused on quality versus quantity.

Message 12 of 14
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

@kevinjjc wrote:

@ds3 wrote:

Oh ok, so I guess it just depends on where you are with credit. I have about 188k in revolving credit limits right now, so I'm focused on quality versus quantity.

Well then you just keep it up there.  Congrats to you!  Have you found that the more credit you get the easier it is to get more?   Just curious if creditors view you differently once you reach a certain level of credit worthiness.  I guess though its just like anything else, when you start out it may just be a little tough but once you get rolling it gets easier huh?

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 13 of 14
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

@Rhaeny wrote:

@kevinjjc wrote:

@ds3 wrote:

Well then you just keep it up there.  Congrats to you!  Have you found that the more credit you get the easier it is to get more?   Just curious if creditors view you differently once you reach a certain level of credit worthiness.  I guess though its just like anything else, when you start out it may just be a little tough but once you get rolling it gets easier huh?

Yeah, I pretty much always get instantly approved, but sometimes I have to recon for higher limits.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.