Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sams Club

tag
scarfa21
Frequent Contributor

Sams Club

Saw a nice deal if applying and approved Spend 45 online and receive a 45 credit.  Approved for 1k. 

Congratulations, Your application has been approved for the
Sam`s Club MasterCard!

Credit Limit $1,000

Pulled T/U - 718 per Discover.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Sams Club

Congratulations that's a great start!

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

We love the Sams card for cash at Walmart and Sams. Dw got the card 3 years ago with limit like yours. In less than 60 days got an auto cli. We have asked for ci twice and now have $10K limit which is plenty. 

Message 3 of 11
scarfa21
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

We love the Sams card for cash at Walmart and Sams. Dw got the card 3 years ago with limit like yours. In less than 60 days got an auto cli. We have asked for ci twice and now have $10K limit which is plenty. 

They had a nice bonus, sign up spend 45 bucks get 45 credit.

Free Food!

lol

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

The other use 0% interest deals. I love Sams but we only go about 4 times a year and spend about $1K each time. That is because Sams is in the "big city" while we live in Smalltown.  I just bought DW a set of Goodyear Duratec tires for her Jeep and their installed price was under $750 including tax.. Much better than any body here in Smalltown.  My resolve for next year is more Sams on line purcases.   

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

The other use 0% interest deals. I love Sams but we only go about 4 times a year and spend about $1K each time. That is because Sams is in the "big city" while we live in Smalltown.  I just bought DW a set of Goodyear Duratec tires for her Jeep and their installed price was under $750 including tax.. Much better than any body here in Smalltown.  My resolve for next year is more Sams on line purcases.   

I've only been in Sam's Club once and have no clue about their store card, but does buying tires on it make sense?  I only ask because some bank cards offer a host of extended warranty options and roadside assistance, etc.  I'm not sure if any of that is tied to how you buy your tires, but I wonder what additional benefits there are in using a bank card over a store card for tires!

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

For tires I could have paid with  Sams card and gotten 0% for large purchase or paid with another bank card. Some  cards exclude Sams cash back  except Disco quarterly deals  and a few others like Citi Dc.  I used my Citi DC.  Ideally if I could have waited Disco has Sams as a 5% next quarter.   I would be surprised if using a card for my tires would exend the warranty but that is a thought worth looking into. Road side service can be of limited value here in Smalltown. Some repsonce times  can be 2 hours.   Our tires usually last 30K to 50K miles and don't go flat.    Shopping   at our house is a combination of who has best cash back and for big ticket items who carries 0% for a reasonable time to pay it off in 3 or so months.  We are not in the balance carrying mode but for purchases of $1K, $2, or $5K we sometimes like the option of paying $1K a month with no interest. 

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn't own or operate a car for 7+ years until 2017 so I have no clue about tire warranties anymore.  The cars I own and now rent on Turo have oddball tires (google P155/70R19 to be confused, lol) and they only go for 15K at best, maybe 20K if you're lucky.  In my area, flats are part of life but I can patch a nail in less than 60 seconds without taking the wheel off and sometimes I don't even have to inflate it -- the tire pressure warning is really good and the 2 times I've gotten a tire in 7 months of driving, I just pulled over, jacked it up, pulled the nail and inserted the patch rubber, trimmed and drove off.  Didn't lose much pressure and topped off at home.

I try to balance cashback with possible extended warranty options but since my portfolio is so thin/slim there's not much to worry about, but I did put the card benefits of my future cards in my spend comparison app to see how it may affect spend.  I'd take a 0.5% cashback loss if it was something I wanted to cover with more warranty or easier claim process (or say price protection, etc).  I never buy warranties or specific insurance because it's a waste (math-wise), but if they're going to give it to me anyway, I'd trade 0.5% if it made sense.

Off I go to rabbit hole extended warranty coverage and tires!  I bet it is NOT covered, but I want to see who tried what.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I didn't own or operate a car for 7+ years until 2017 so I have no clue about tire warranties anymore.  The cars I own and now rent on Turo have oddball tires (google P155/70R19 to be confused, lol) and they only go for 15K at best, maybe 20K if you're lucky.  

Just wait. Tires for some cars are now a big deal.   15K miles is terible.  DW used to use tires that were $300 each an lasted about 30K miles. Ouch.    I digress but I hate tire buying.   
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, the tires for my cars are unique -- only made for this card, only made by 2 companies.  So they're expensive AND rare (sometimes 1 month wait for a new one) and they don't last very long because not much tire patch contact.  They look like motorcycle tires/wheels on a car.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.