cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending a "firm" email to Chase for CLI worked!!!

tag
primechicken
Contributor

Re: Sending a "firm" email to Chase for CLI worked!!!

Wow congrats. Sometimes straight talk gets results! I would like to try this for myself when the time comes if necessary. What is the email address you used? Thanks and well done!

I got some cards with some credit limits. Some are better than others.
Message 11 of 19
Scott90
Contributor

lg8302ch - yeah, i remember reading your post actually.  Your issue is actually the reason I kept repearing in my original email to not pull my report a second time because I remember reading your post about your experience. 

and primechicken, I didn't email a specific email address.  Once logged into your Chase account click on secure message, then new message and type your message in there and someone will get back to you.

Message 12 of 19
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

Congratulations! Persistence pays off!

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 19
Scott90
Contributor

Just wanted to provide one last update... just received another message back in reply to me accepting their offer.  Basically says the changes have been made (which they were) and that they appreciate my business, etc. 

Not too bad, sent the original message less than 48 hours ago.  Well done Chase. .... Just wish I didn't have to jump over hurdles for something as simple as a CLI, this should have been easily taken care of by the first CSR, especially given the circumstances of history with them, always on time, good score, also a auto loan, etc.  ]

Regardless, I am happy.

Message 14 of 19
JonStur
Established Contributor

Good for you..

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 15 of 19
HeilFico
Regular Contributor

I have just tried the same approach as OP. Chase is the lowest card I have. (And I bank with them!) I'll keep you guys informed. 

Message 16 of 19
Scott90
Contributor

^ let us know how it works it for you. They seem to be pretty good about replying within 24 hours.
Message 17 of 19
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I don't even see a credit line increase button online anymore... Do you have to call?  Any testing on being able to do a SP request first before agreeing to HP CLI requests?

Message 18 of 19
Scott90
Contributor

Yeah there is no button. You just have to call the number on back of card. The CSR told me it was a soft pull but reading on here seems like they always do hard. But I would try to call first and if you get denied then try sending an email expressing the frustration.

They don't always deny either, they aren't as bad as capital one at all. Last year my chase CL was only 750, and I request a CLI to 1500 feb of 2012 and it was instantly approved.
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.