Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I pull the trigger on Care Credit cli? Update: Approved

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should I pull the trigger on Care Credit cli? Update: Approved

Hi everyone. First time posting on here. Long story short, I have been rebuilding my credit for the past 2 1/2 years and I have had a Care Credit account for a little over a year now with a SL of 1000. I only used it once to finance some new glasses and only then. When I got the card, my credit score was around 600 - 610. Now my scores are over 650. I was wanting to ask for a CLI because I was thinking of getting Lasik but worrisome about getting denied a CLI. My util across all cards is hovering around 50%. And I have about 10 inquiries. Any encouragement or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Should I pull the trigger on Care Credit cli?

Your utization is high so not sure if that would affect your cli but your score is much better now and as we know with Sync, the higher the score, the higher your chances for a better cli.
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for ridiculously quick response! I think I'll pull the trigger sooner than later. The biggest hesitation is the hard pull.
Message 3 of 12
pip3man
Valued Contributor

I am 200% certain SYNCB does not HP anymore for CLI on the Care Credit card. So get on with an online chat and request a $15K increase. Keep in mind before they process ya request, they are required to inform you a HP may be incurred but don't let that scare/deter you. It's just for formalities.... Good luck!

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

UPDATE!

I got busy, life happened andI forgot about asking for a CLI from Care Credit.  Anyways, I just got finished chatting with someone about the line increase and I got approved.  I asked for 10k and they counter offered with 12k!!!  All in all, it took 5 minutes!

Thanks for the advice!

Message 5 of 12
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

They counter offered with a higher limit than what you asked for?!? Nice! Congratulations on your new credit limit!

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 6 of 12
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

Congrats

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the CLI! Hoping my new Synch card grows for me!

Message 8 of 12
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!!!!

Message 9 of 12
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Should I pull the trigger on Care Credit cli? Update: Approved

Lol, good ol Sync, ask for a cli, they give more than requested, ask for a ilc get a blue pillSmiley Wink

Great jobSmiley Happy
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.