Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I push it?

tag
timsim
Valued Member

Should I push it?

I just got a luv button increase with capital one from 500 to 1500.  I also just got an increase on discover from 1500 to 3000 and home depot from 750 to 4800 with their love buttons.  The home depot website asked what amount I wanted and I got it (asked 4000)

Since discover and capital one did the automatic increase, should I call in and try to get a bigger bump?  Is it a "might as well, no harm in trying?"

Starting Score: 630
Current Score: 642
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Re: Should I push it?

@timsim wrote:

I just got a luv button increase with capital one from 500 to 1500.  I also just got an increase on discover from 1500 to 3000 and home depot from 750 to 4800 with their love buttons.  The home depot website asked what amount I wanted and I got it (asked 4000)

Since discover and capital one did the automatic increase, should I call in and try to get a bigger bump?  Is it a "might as well, no harm in trying?"

Congrats on the CLIs .. My answer is no because you got 3 x on Cap1 and 2 x on Discover and this is an excellent result. I would suggest to try Cap1 in 6 months again and Discover you can try after the next statement cut with the luv button. You will see if SP or if it requires HP.  If you try now I would guess it is HP  with Discover.

Message 2 of 8
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

Congrats!

How old is your capital one account?

Message 3 of 8
uswala
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the CLIs!

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great CLI! The Luv Button is always soooooo tempting. 

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!! Was the Home Depot increase a hp or sp?
Message 6 of 8
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on your CLIs Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 8
timsim
Valued Member

all of my cards including the capone I got dec 13.  I had tried luv buttons a couple of months ago and nothing.  I paid all of those off and now they gave me CLI..  I think they were all soft pulls, i have not seen an inquiry alert

Starting Score: 630
Current Score: 642
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.