youdontkillmoney
Valued Contributor

Simmons First Platinum Visa - APPROVED!

Here's my history with Simmons First Credit Card:

9/12/2014 first attempt, denied

9/26/2014 recon, denied

12/4/2014 Applied online at 9:34pm

12/9/2014 Credit report pulled

12/15/2014 Request for addditional financial information: pay stub reflects current and year to date earnings, verification of current address (utility bill), verification of other income

12/16/2014 Faxed in addiitonal info requested immediately above

12/17/2014 Called customer service rep and rep stated card was approved yesterday and sent out in mail. Yay! Rep. said the card in the mail will have the credit limit. APR is 7.25% for Platinum Visa.

With Iberia Bank and now Simmons I accomplished my goal of getting two of the most selective cards available.

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Simmons First Platinum Visa - APPROVED!

Congrats on cracking some of of the two toughest nuts out there.  Nice accomplishment

Message 2 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!  What is the max credit limit?

Message 3 of 24
youdontkillmoney
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats!  What is the max credit limit?

Don't know the max. credit line, website does not say. The rep told me the credit line will be in the mail with the card so I did not want to push it.

Message 4 of 24
uswala
Senior Contributor

Congrats!  

Message 5 of 24
9CLINE
Valued Contributor

Congrats

Message 6 of 24
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats!!!

Message 7 of 24
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Great job Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Glad you got the card you wanted with some persistence!

Message 9 of 24
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Great job and congrats! These really do sound like a pain to get approved for.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.