Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Snuck Out the Garden to Snatch a Barclays Rewards Card

tag
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: Snuck Out the Garden to Snatch a Barclays Rewards Card

@baller4life wrote:

Now I'm sneaking back in! Smiley Very Happy Had insomnia last night and started playing around with pre-approval sites. Got a "Congratulations" on Barclays. So said what the hell and accepted. Of course I got the "in review" message. So no, pre-approvals are not always guaranteed! Called recon line this morning and the friendly analyst said it didn't even pull my credit. Was going off my last app from the fall. She did a hp and said since I don't have a yr revolving history, she can only give me $500. Ok, I'll take it. I will throw my cable bill on it every month and just let it grow. Won't be poking that British bear at all! No new apps!! Oh but I did go for a cli on my NFCU card while I was out of the garden. SHHHH don't tell!! Smiley Very Happy

Ha. Hey at least you did get some results from that Brit. Lender

Congrats! on pulling a rabbit out of the hat Smiley Very Happy

Message 11 of 22
baller4life
Super Contributor

@Booboo71 wrote:

Make sure you do not app for anything for at least 6 months! They soft pull you. I had a card with them and they axed me after 3 months.

Smiley Frustrated Oh that sucks!! Yeah I've heard all about them and how fickle they can be. I won't be apping for anything till all reports are clean and I pick up USAA, Amex and Discover. End of next year at least!

Message 12 of 22
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

:clapping:

Message 13 of 22
Booboo71
Established Contributor

Congratulations though!

Message 14 of 22
snowkitty
Established Contributor

Congrats!! Smiley Happy
TU Fico 714 | Sesame 742 | Credit Karma 762 | Wal-Mart FICO 734 | EX FICO 695 (1/28/13) | EQ 740 (3-21-13)

Amex Blue Sky 7.2k | Amex BCE 13.1k | Citi Diamond Preferred 10.2k | CSP 5k | Bofa Cash 9k | Boa Travel 10k | Discover More 3k | Chase SW 5k | Wal-Mart 3.3k | Amazon 5k | Old Navy Visa 5k | Shell 1200 | BP 400 | VS 1500 | Sam's Discover 8.5k | FNBO Amex 16k | Chase Freedom 1.3k | Home Depot 5k | Brylane Homes 1600 | BML 2820

App free since 12/11/13*
Message 15 of 22
alvon123
Super Contributor

congratsSmiley LOL

Message 16 of 22
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@baller4life wrote:

Now I'm sneaking back in! Smiley Very Happy Had insomnia last night and started playing around with pre-approval sites. Got a "Congratulations" on Barclays. So said what the hell and accepted. Of course I got the "in review" message. So no, pre-approvals are not always guaranteed! Called recon line this morning and the friendly analyst said it didn't even pull my credit. Was going off my last app from the fall. She did a hp and said since I don't have a yr revolving history, she can only give me $500. Ok, I'll take it. I will throw my cable bill on it every month and just let it grow. Won't be poking that British bear at all! No new apps!! Oh but I did go for a cli on my NFCU card while I was out of the garden. SHHHH don't tell!! Smiley Very Happy

Congrats on your approval Smiley Happy

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 17 of 22
MarcinXP
Frequent Contributor

I hope Barclays don't close me. I got a Target card, Amazon Visa,  BOA and Fidelity around the same time. Granted the hard pulls were few days before applying for Barclays and I got the cards few days before but trade lines hit around the same time. To add insult to injury my Barclay's card was for $2k limit and I put $1800 on it for wedding photographer just cause I wanted the $100 bonus and it has no interest for 12 months, although planning to pay $250 a month and pay it off in 7 months.

if they close it then oh well...I will just PIF and move on

NFCU Visa Sig $30k / Amex Blue Cash $25.5k / Fidelity Amex $25k / Chase Freedom $14.5k / Citi Double Cash $5k / Capital One Quicksilver Visa Sig $5k / Citi Best Buy MC $3K / Barclay Rewards MC $2.95k / BOA - BBR $2.5k / SY Lowes $15k / SY Amazon $6k / Target RedCard - $300
Message 18 of 22
baller4life
Super Contributor

Yep that's all you can do. Plenty of other lenders out there.
Message 19 of 22
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

Congrats and get back to the garden!

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.