cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So, I guess I went on a mini-spree, technically?

tag
Khalifa_Jayy
Regular Contributor

So, I guess I went on a mini-spree, technically?

Gmood, this is your fault!

As my prior thread states, I recently applied and successfully got in with Chase (CSP 21k / Freedom 10k on 07/31/17). I had been wanting to get in with them for a while, and am ecstatic to have two of their cards to maximize my UR points. Another institution I wanted to establish trade history with is Citibank. I consistently received mailers for the Citi Diamond Preferred card, and kept staring long and hard at that intro rate and standard rate they offered me (21 months at 0%, then 14% after that). Well, I bit the bullet... I checked out their prequal site, entered my "invitation code," and got the instant approval!

Approved for $6,400! I couldn't be any happier with it. I don't know if Citi is stingy with their SL, but the $6,400 is going to be perfect as I have a small balance I want to move onto it from AmEx. No complaints from me!

Some might or might not know that I have gripes with BofA for keeping at $3,400 for over two years now. I burned an HP with them in Dec. trying to get that bumped up to no avail. Seems like it might be time to SD or close it once and for all. When Chase can give me $31k with no prior history, AmEx $25k, and CapOne and Citi both doing $3k more than them... yea, I don't think I need them and I'm sure they don't need me!

But I digress... It's time to celebrate! Smiley Wink

AmEx FICO 8: EX [714] | Discover Scorecard FICO: EX [719]

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER

TOTAL CREDIT LIMIT:
FICO:
CREDIT AGE:

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: So, I guess I went on a mini-spree, technically?

That is a very good limit.  Enjoy your new card..

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!
Message 3 of 8
Peteyglad
Established Contributor

I wouldn't say Citi is too terribly stingy, I think it has more to do with the card you chose. The Diamond Preferred is more of a balance transfer card and they tend to come with lower limits (ala Chase Slate).

Chase Sapphire Preferred 20k | Amex Delta Platinum 20k | Amex Hilton Aspire 20k | US Bank Cash+ 25k | Chase Amazon Prime 25k | Barclaycard Aviator Red 40k | Bank of America Alaska Airlines 42k | Chase Marriott 50k | Discover It 50.3k | Amex EDP 52k | Citi Thank You Premier 56K | Bank of America BBR 57.9k
Message 4 of 8
Gmood1
Super Contributor

That's a great SL for Citi! Congrats 😀
Glad I could be that 😈 on your shoulder. Lol
Message 5 of 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Gmood seems to be el diablo of cc encoragement, wonder who we shall nominate as el angel lolSmiley Happy
Message 6 of 8
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Gmood seems to be el diablo of cc encoragement, wonder who we shall nominate as el angel lolSmiley Happy

That would be you Joe!

I'd burst into flames walking in the garden. 😂

That's me holding on to the fence outside of the garden.

Message 7 of 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Haha! Too cool ! ? ! Where's Cartman when you need him?
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.