Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So I poke the bear

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I poke the bear

So after several days of thinking about asking for a cli for my Marvel and hearing about the horror stories about the blue envelope I finally gave in and decided to do on chat online.

my starting limit was 8000.00 and have tried twice before and was denied twice, this time went into CR and I figure that's it the blue envelope will be here any day now.

got a goodnight sleep checked my accounts with them several times today and everything looked good no frozen accounts or anything.

So I called them this afternoon talked to a lady she didn't asked me anything just said that I had requested a credit line of 15000.00 I said yes.

She said give me a couple minutes, comeback and said congratulations you been approved.

that matches my Lowes at 15000.00 also have a Walmart MasterCard at 5000.00, a&e at 5000. 00 amazon at 2000.00 and a couple smaller cards at 1500.00.

my credit scores Fico 8 are 

TU 758

Eq 702

Ex 680

my total credit lines are at 240000.00  and 7% utilization.

started rebuilding in beginning 2015 because we wanted to buy a home started them in the 500 credit scores across the board due to my previous year divorce .

we bought a house December 2015 with quicken loans after everyone else wouldn't even talk to me.

Boy feels good 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: So I poke the bear

Nicely done! When you get an 8k starting limit on Marvel thats huge. When it first came out anybody getting 4k normally could call and get that puppy to 15-20k easy because something is going right in your profile to be offered a high sl, where as most of us had to call in to up our limits to where you startedSmiley Happy. Who cares about bears when you got the Avengers protecting youSmiley Wink
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks AverageJoesCredit 

that was my 2nd card with Sync

my first one was a&e at that time only had a 150.00 limit on a&e and requested a cli over the phone, told them what I'm going to buy there at 150.00 and wanted 5000.00 or I was going to close the card so they agreed on raising .

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats.  Just keep in mind many people had their accounts closed even after sending in the Blue Envelope.  So complying isn't always a guarantee of account safety.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nicely done!!! Congrats.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.