Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some Good/Some Bad

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Some Good/Some Bad

So over the weekend, I applied for the Barclay's Ring.  My application was "pended" and I spoke with 2 different analysts both of whom declined my recon stating I needed some time away from inquiries before they approve me (12 Transunion Inquiries).

Feeling lowly about my failed recon(s), I wanted to turn to someone today who would make me feel better, so I chatted up GE/Credit Solutions on my Lowe's account I've had since Novemer.  CLI approved from $17,000 to $25,000.

I then decided to chat the Walmart account and was asked to call into Credit Solutions with a reference #, which I did and was approved from $8000 to $10,000 (asked for 11k).

My Amazon Store Card was a no-go on chat entirely.  However, the rep. did give me a  number and told me I should call in for a manual review.  I've not done it yet because $6,000 isn't all that bad, especially for an account I've only had since December! 

Here's a re-cap:

Barclay's Ring:   DECLINED.

Lowe's CLI:  APPROVED $17k to $25k

Walmart CLI:  APPROVED $8k to $10k

Amazon CLI:  DECLINED.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
uswala
Senior Contributor

Re: Some Good/Some Bad

Congrats on the CLIs!

Message 2 of 10
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on your approvals Smiley Happy

I advise you to be careful with Synchrony and going for too many increases all at once, sometimes they freeze and verify or outright close accounts for this.

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gdale6 wrote:

Grats on your approvals Smiley Happy

I advise you to be careful with Synchrony and going for too many increases all at once, sometimes they freeze and verify or outright close accounts for this.

Advice gratiously accepted!  Will keep that in mind, yes!

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

So over the weekend, I applied for the Barclay's Ring.  My application was "pended" and I spoke with 2 different analysts both of whom declined my recon stating I needed some time away from inquiries before they approve me (12 Transunion Inquiries).

Feeling lowly about my failed recon(s), I wanted to turn to someone today who would make me feel better, so I chatted up GE/Credit Solutions on my Lowe's account I've had since Novemer.  CLI approved from $17,000 to $25,000.

I then decided to chat the Walmart account and was asked to call into Credit Solutions with a reference #, which I did and was approved from $8000 to $10,000 (asked for 11k).

My Amazon Store Card was a no-go on chat entirely.  However, the rep. did give me a  number and told me I should call in for a manual review.  I've not done it yet because $6,000 isn't all that bad, especially for an account I've only had since December! 

Here's a re-cap:

Barclay's Ring:   DECLINED.

Lowe's CLI:  APPROVED $17k to $25k

Walmart CLI:  APPROVED $8k to $10k

Amazon CLI:  DECLINED.

Congratulations on your CLIs!!! Sorry about your denials. Keep your head up!!! Regarding Barclays, I would listen to the rep. From what I read on here, they are inquiry sensitive. What are your plans? Will you be gardening until some of your inquiries fall off?

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

As others have mentioned Barclay is very cautious. I had about 5 inqs when I app'd for the Sallie Mae and they wanted to talk to me about that as well as some other verification before they approved me. After explaining my needs and goals for the future as well as income/job information they approved me. Don't be discouraged as you will definately get in with Barclay once those inqs start falling off. Best of luck to you and congrats again!

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats..

Message 8 of 10
I-think-I-can
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the increases!! Smiley Happy

Starting Scores 2/13/15: EQ 635 EX 674 TU 684 ////7/16/15 Scores: EQ 661 EX 669 TU 703 //// 2/15/16 Scores EQ 652 EX 647 TU 756 //// 3/24/16 Scores: EQ 661 EX 649 TU 773 //// EQ 670 EX 653 TU 768 (EQ And EX still tainted)
Goal Scores: 760 across the board
Message 9 of 10
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

Congratulations!

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.