Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some successful Apps today.

tag
MainMan
Valued Member

Some successful Apps today.

So we just closed on our home 2 weeks ago and I wanted to apply for a few cards. So today I applied for a few. I got denied a couple but I got approved for Barclays Rewards MC with $750 limit, Home Depot approved for $500 originally then I recon right away and got $1500 increase. I also got approved for Walmart and Capital One Cash Rewards. In the garden until at least end of 2014. Although I want Home Depot to raise my CL again.
Lender Pull -TU 647-Fico as of 5/5/13, EXP 677-lender pull 3/13/2013 EQ 618-Fico as of 5/5/13
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Some successful Apps today.

@MainMan wrote:
So we just closed on our home 2 weeks ago and I wanted to apply for a few cards. So today I applied for a few. I got denied a couple but I got approved for Barclays Rewards MC with $750 limit, Home Depot approved for $500 originally then I recon right away and got $1500 increase. I also got approved for Walmart and Capital One Cash Rewards. In the garden until at least end of 2014. Although I want Home Depot to raise my CL again.

Congrats on the new home and the cards Recon all the denials 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 6
MainMan
Valued Member

I recon chase freedom and still no go,same for Sears and Amex Delta Gold. Can I recon again even though I just i did it today or should I wait it out and reapply in like another year or so? Thanks
Lender Pull -TU 647-Fico as of 5/5/13, EXP 677-lender pull 3/13/2013 EQ 618-Fico as of 5/5/13
Message 3 of 6
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Congrats on the hoe and your successful apps. What were the reasons for denial? Amex is almost impossible to recon and usually if there is an error on your cr.
Message 4 of 6
MainMan
Valued Member

All baddies are at least two years old. Chase said they go by last 3 yrs (36 months). No reason from Amex or Sears.mi really wanted that Sears card but oh well. I make over 100k and only have 5k student loan and before these cards just 1 cap 1 card with a zero balance. Im just happy I got a couple approved.
Message 5 of 6
MainMan
Valued Member

Also I wanted to do them all in one day so that the others wouldn't see the HP's before making a decision. Any opinions on cards I didn't apply for that I might have been approved for ?
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.