Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sportsman Visa CLI question

tag
rock_lobster
Valued Member

Sportsman Visa CLI question

I went to hit the luv button this morning on my Sportsman Visa and saw this..."By selecting this checkbox, I am allowing the bank to access my credit report, if necessary" but this too..."Please note that we can still review and consider your request for a credit limit increase without accessing your credit report. If you do not wish to grant permission for us to access your credit report, do not select the checkbox"

Do you think that this is giving them permission for a hard pull?  Any thoughts?

Mark

Starting Score: 595
Current Score: EX 690 TU 682 EQ 661 Walmart Fico 684
Goal Score: 700 across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Sportsman Visa CLI question

@rock_lobster wrote:

I went to hit the luv button this morning on my Sportsman Visa and saw this..."By selecting this checkbox, I am allowing the bank to access my credit report, if necessary" but this too..."Please note that we can still review and consider your request for a credit limit increase without accessing your credit report. If you do not wish to grant permission for us to access your credit report, do not select the checkbox"

Do you think that this is giving them permission for a hard pull?  Any thoughts?

Mark

Yes, if you check the box, you are giving them permission to do a HP.  Doesn’t mean that they will but they certainly can if they need to.  I believe that you can still request the CLI without checking the box

Message 2 of 6
J-F168
Frequent Contributor

Do not check the box..unless you want a hard pull

EX 716 - EQ 707 - TU 724
BK 7 D/C Dec '16.
Message 3 of 6
rock_lobster
Valued Member

Great, did not check the box and went from $5k to $6200 not too bad.

thanks for the help!

Starting Score: 595
Current Score: EX 690 TU 682 EQ 661 Walmart Fico 684
Goal Score: 700 across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 6
J-F168
Frequent Contributor

Congrats!!

EX 716 - EQ 707 - TU 724
BK 7 D/C Dec '16.
Message 5 of 6
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Nice increaseSmiley Happy
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.