Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sportsman's Guide Visa.....

tag
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

Re: Sportsman's Guide Visa.....

This is my first comenity card..... Honestly, I probably won't use it a whole heck of a lot. If you shop at SG, then it has some decent perks, but I had never even heard of that store until the shopping cart trick thread.

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 11 of 33
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

@SunriseEarth wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:
Congratulations. What is the lure of this cc?

Well, it's not based on looks...

Hey!!! It's purdy....I want to go fishing now after seeing this!!!  OP congrats on the approval!!

Message 12 of 33
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 13 of 33
IgnatiusReilly
Regular Contributor

The card reminds of the old animated Hamm's beer sign....

Having said that, they give a generous limit and I do shop with the Guide and it does have some nice perks.  I was given a $7k limit and at some point will ask for $10k.

Message 14 of 33
sandman2435
Established Contributor

can anyone tell me how to do the shopping cart trick?..Do you still have to put in your credit card info ?and place the order?..do you have to be a member?

Message 15 of 33
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@Swapmeet wrote:

Nothing really.....just never tried the shopping card trick...wanted to help my util...read about generous cl.... I'm gardening, but really looking forward to my next cli requests in jan and app spree in feb...etc 

Ok, i just wondering.  By the way... You WERE gardening...back to seedling. Smiley Wink

Message 16 of 33
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@sandman2435 wrote:

can anyone tell me how to do the shopping cart trick?..Do you still have to put in your credit card info ?and place the order?..do you have to be a member?

There are several threads on the Shopping Cart Trick.  Do a search on the credit cards forum for information. 

Message 17 of 33
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

There was no hp lexie...so still in the garden!

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 18 of 33
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@Swapmeet wrote:

No, sorry.  New TL = reset clock. 

Message 19 of 33
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

@Swapmeet wrote:

No, sorry.  New TL = reset clock. 

Oh, okay. In that case, that was my last day in the garden. I must have misunderstood what gardening was over this past year. I thought that letting inqs age-off your report was gardening... Since my AAoA is fine, then I guess that the real use of gardening (e.g. Preventing new tradelines) is useless to me. Either way that one uses the term "gardening," I was coming out in early Jan anyhow. Thanks for the clarification Lex.

My Wallet:
Message 20 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.