Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange Bloomingdale's CLI

tag
bigDEElight
Frequent Contributor

Strange Bloomingdale's CLI

I applied for & was approved for a store card on 10/9/14. This weekend while out shopping, I decided to use it for the first time. When I was approved for the card, my limit nor approval status showed up instantly, I had to call in and verify. It was $400 limit. Interestingly enough, I got a $1,500 initial CL from Saks the same day. So I swipe my card and the associate says she has to call it in for approval, which I thought was odd but I went with it. She speaks to the rep who then wants to speak to me to identity verification. In the end, they moved my limit from $400 --> $1,500. They tradeline has yet to report on my CRs so, hopefully it will report with this limit when it does.

Has this happened to anyone else?

EQ: 706 TU: 716 EX: 708
Total: $91,700 | 2016 Goal: $95K | Utilization: 8%
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: Strange Bloomingdale's CLI

@bigDEElight wrote:

I applied for & was approved for a store card on 10/9/14. This weekend while out shopping, I decided to use it for the first time. When I was approved for the card, my limit nor approval status showed up instantly, I had to call in and verify. It was $400 limit. Interestingly enough, I got a $1,500 initial CL from Saks the same day. So I swipe my card and the associate says she has to call it in for approval, which I thought was odd but I went with it. She speaks to the rep who then wants to speak to me to identity verification. In the end, they moved my limit from $400 --> $1,500. They tradeline has yet to report on my CRs so, hopefully it will report with this limit when it does.

CONGRATS!!! On the in store call CLI!! for Bloomies Smiley Very Happy

Message 2 of 16
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Very strange indeed. Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!...Thanks For Sharing.Smiley LOL

Message 4 of 16
bigDEElight
Frequent Contributor

Thank you everyone Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 16
uswala
Senior Contributor

Congrats!

Message 6 of 16
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I assume you applied online and had never called in and this was first time you used the card?

Bloomingdales and Macy's really disklike online credit applications... until they speak to you and verify you, you get small limit approvals online!

You applied in store you probably would have been approved for the Bloomingdales Amex.

Message 7 of 16
revjamesl
Valued Contributor

Congrats!

AMEX Platinum NPSL | Discover It $45.9k | Chase Sapphire Reserved $40.7k |Barclay Arrival+ WEMC $40k | PENFED Platinum Rewards VS $35k | Lowes $35k | BoA Better Balance Rewards $30k | AMEX EDP $25k | Cap 1 QS $23.25k | NASA Platinum $20k | Chase Freedom $15k | Synchrony Haverty's $16.5k | BBVA NBA Rockets AMEX $15k | FNBO AMEX $15k | Citi Diamond Preferred $10.7k | Best Buy $10k | Synchrony Rooms-to-Go $10k | US Bank Cash+ $7.5k | AMEX BCE $6k | Barclay Financing Visa 1k | |

AU on DW Accounts: Discover It $40k I AMEX BCE $30k | Chase Marriot $29.8k |

Credit Scores: 800 EQ/833 TU/831 EX
Message 8 of 16
I_need_720
Regular Contributor

@bigDEElight wrote:

Yes - this happend ot me as well. I apped on line 10/9 and was informed that my CL was $400.00. When I received my card on 10/20 and did the activation/verification they CL was upped to $1800.

br>Current Scores: EQ: 629 EX: 654 TU: 682 on 12/30/2014 from myFico
Starting Scores: EQ: 640 EX: 672 TU: 663 on 08/26/2014 from myFico
Goal Scores: 750+

In the Garden till October 2015 - Last App November 13, 2014
Message 9 of 16
bigDEElight
Frequent Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

I assume you applied online and had never called in and this was first time you used the card?

Bloomingdales and Macy's really disklike online credit applications... until they speak to you and verify you, you get small limit approvals online!

You applied in store you probably would have been approved for the Bloomingdales Amex.

I called and spoke to a credit analyst after the application was completed online. She informed me that sometimes the online application doesn't show instantly an approval or denial. She informed me it was approved and then told me it was a $400 limit. She, unlike Saks, didn't bother to ask me any verification questions. It wasn't until I attempted to use the card that this happened.

@I_need_720 wrote:

@bigDEElight wrote:

Yes - this happend ot me as well. I apped on line 10/9 and was informed that my CL was $400.00. When I received my card on 10/20 and did the activation/verification they CL was upped to $1800.

Oh I'm glad to hear someone else with the experience.

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.