Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Strange Bloomingdale's CLI

Congrats, that's nice

Message 11 of 16
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

Hmmm... I had a very similar situation. I applied online and got the "your application was received" notice but that was all. Figured I'd get the 7-10 day rejection in the mail. Didn't call customer service or anything. Then a week later I got the card in the mail, activated by phone and got an account update of only $200 availabe credit. I was like "oh well at least it's enough to buy my quarterly clinique skin care". LOL! Well I tried to use it online and the card was declined. Called into customer service and the rep told me that since I applied on their site I needed to go through identity verification to fully activate the card. After answering the questions she told me that my real cl was $800 and not the temp $200. Yeah, strange. Smiley Tongue

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 12 of 16
ddemari
Super Contributor

I regret not applying for the bloomingdale's credit card in store. When I applied online, I received a message saying "thanks for your application", nothing else.

Within 15 minutes I received an email telling me to call this number as soon as possible so that I may hear the terms of my account. 

I was like woohoo!! approved!! I called in, mind you this was even a late app at like 11:30 pm on a saturday night... the lady was super nice, did three verification questions with me, looked over my app and made some small chat with me, then said ok lets see how much we can get you approved for tonight.. she said is 4k ok?

I said of course!! I shoulda applied in store but oh well. 

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!
Message 14 of 16
bigDEElight
Frequent Contributor

Thanks everyone. Special thanks to those who let me know this is a less strange occurence than I thought lol.

EQ: 706 TU: 716 EX: 708
Total: $91,700 | 2016 Goal: $95K | Utilization: 8%
Message 15 of 16
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.