Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange Discover CLI

tag
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Strange Discover CLI

DW and I both got new DiscoverIT accounts back in Feb on the same day.  Mine was 5500 and hers was 5000.  Last week she got an auto CLI to 6500, and I got nothing.  My FICO is about 50 points higher and my income is about 2.5X.  

Guess they just like her more than me.  Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Strange Discover CLI

Message 2 of 13
codesingh
Regular Contributor

Congrats to your DW. Getting a higher CL with discover is status symbol(in terms of your CBR, yet confusing) for me. LOL...I respect two kinds of people 1.) who manage life moderately well timewise 2.) who have decent CL(>=5k) with discover.

I can't figure out discover. i am going to shock drawer it.

~ 100k in Rev CC. 15k Credit Line. 16.5k Car Loan(@1.7%) Starting scores: 690 EQ (Dec 2012) Mid-year FICO scores April ‘13 Pulled by lenders(Barclays, Amex): TU 747 • EQ 752 • EX 746 • Scores As of Nov 2013: 740 and above across the board.
Message 3 of 13
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@Shogun wrote:

DW and I both got new DiscoverIT accounts back in Feb on the same day.  Mine was 5500 and hers was 5000.  Last week she got an auto CLI to 6500, and I got nothing.  My FICO is about 50 points higher and my income is about 2.5X.  

Guess they just like her more than me.  Smiley Happy

congrats to DW! And wow, i just logged on to my account for the heck of it and OMG an auto CLI of 500! It only took 10 months of account opening to finally get some love from Discover.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 4 of 13
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 5 of 13
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
@dodgerslv

Congrats...it's a start!

thanks lexie and i shouldnt complain. Something is better than nothing. Hopefully you will see something soon also.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 6 of 13
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Congrats to DW. Discover is very strange to me too. Lowest CL received with same profile, no Starbucks gift, no 2% for June and friends that did not use the card got both. Some even got 2 Starbucks gift vouchers....so funny... account opening was +/- 10 days from mine.  I will stop using the card from next month and see if this will give me any better results.. Smiley Sad  .. I am sick and tired of 40-60% util due to the low limit on this card!  Discover is a big mystery to me Smiley Sad I am glad it is only Discover and all the others gave me decent limits. Smiley Happy 

Message 7 of 13
LS2982
Mega Contributor

I wouldn't know anything about luv from Discover..............I didn't even think they did it at all...............Smiley Sad.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 8 of 13
enharu
Super Contributor

grats nevertheless! Smiley Very Happy

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 9 of 13
SSA_2013
Frequent Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

I wouldn't know anything about luv from Discover..............I didn't even think they did it at all...............Smiley Sad.

Don't feel bad LS...Discover hates both of us equally Smiley Very Happy  

I have raised limits on every card I have with the exception of Discover. I even contacted the Discover Executive Office and nothing. The comical part is they lowered my APR to 11%...but I never carry a balance. I've tried carrying a balance for a few months...PIF before Statement...PIF After statement...nothing. I even applied for the Discover IT in the hopes of getting a higher line...nothing.  My next strategy is to not use it for a few months and around the 5th or 6th month make a small purchase to keep it active. Maybe they will miss the constant activity. If they don't...I'm not missing out on much. My Freedom + new CSP are my main cards. 

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.