Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stunned by Chase Auto CLI

tag
Express
Frequent Contributor

Re: Stunned by Chase Auto CLI

@Bay_Area_Joe wrote:

As some of you on the forum have read and commented on my posts over the months have seen me get a lot of credit, and pretty decent starting CL and some nice Auto CLI and a HP CLI on my B of A.

Well, as most of us here I am just a little bit consumed with learning about the credit markets.  I pretty much check all my accounts every day.

Last night I logged into Chase, and I noticed that my Priority Club Visa, that I remind you I only got in March 2013 during an AOR with a $8,400 starting CL, when I looked last night I was shocked to see a $ 10,000 auto increase.

What amazing me more than anything is that I have only had 4 statements cut, and total spending in those 4 months did not break 2k, and no spending since June. Of course 0 bal and PIF, always.

How could Chase see so little use and turn around and give me 10k more?  I do admit I use the Marriott and CSP for a total of about 4k a month spend, the PIF prior to statement cut.  But really ?

My total exposure with Chase is at 38,900.

I mean, I know I am doing a great job in all, but how in the world do they determine these things.

Income has not changed, scores pretty consistant across the board at 760 or higher.

Makes me want to apply for the Hyatt card and if not auto approved I have plenty of limits to shift around.  But I must reisit...... My 9 INQ's have to go away.

Any input is appreciated, as always.

thank you.

J

Congrats ! And if you don't want it I'ii Take it !!!  Smiley Surprised   

CL $408,200
Message 11 of 29
KIPPIE12
Established Contributor

Congrats, Joe!

Current Score: EQ: 828, EX: 833, TU: 820 Citi TY Premier WEMC 46.5, (Since 1983)Discover 15.6k|BOA WMC 30.5k|Barclays Juniper Rewards 15k|Barclays Amex 20k| Cap One QS WMC 15K|Chase Freedom VS 19.3k|Citi Dividend WEMC 25k|FNBO 15.5k|CSP 22.1K|Chase Marriott 31.3k|Citi TYP 20K|Citi DP 16.5k|Macys 5k|Sams MasterCard 15k|Barclay Arrival Plus WEMC 18.7k|Chase IHG WMC 26k|Citi Double Cash 10k|Chase MileagePlus Explorer 14k|Amex Everyday 16.2|BBVA Amex 22.5k|Total Rewards VS 12.5k|SGV 10K|Venture 12k|BOA Virgin Atlantic WEMC 11.2K|MB Amex 9.5k
Message 12 of 29
mauve
Valued Contributor

Now that you've tried / denied for 2 CLIs from AMEX, wait 181 days to ask for the next one. 

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 29
iwazl71
Frequent Contributor

Congrats, I was also stunned as my CSP was one of my smallest CL cards at 5k and it was auto CLI to 10k in less than 5 months!

Scores: EQ 796, EX 790, TU 807
Personal and Business Cards: 31 with 763k
High Limit Cards: CSP 50k | BoA Cash 81k | NFCU flagship 60k | Penfed Rewards 50k | Aviator Silver 52k
Message 14 of 29
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Chase is a solid company but I've been disappointed by their Freedom card not growing through regular use and on-time payment for more than 2 years. For me, no one has a product worth taking an HP for CLI.

In two years when it's time to thin the herd Chase will be first. Great company, products, website, customer service, etc... By the time I finally fit the spending/income profile they show love to, the card really won't suit my needs.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 15 of 29
bribro
Valued Contributor

@drkaje wrote:

Chase is a solid company but I've been disappointed by their Freedom card not growing through regular use and on-time payment for more than 2 years. For me, no one has a product worth taking an HP for CLI.

In two years when it's time to thin the herd Chase will be first. Great company, products, website, customer service, etc... By the time I finally fit the spending/income profile they show love to, the card really won't suit my needs.

What's your utilization ratio on your Freedom card?

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 16 of 29
drkaje
Senior Contributor

@bribro wrote:

@drkaje wrote:

What's your utilization ratio on your Freedom card?

Around 33%, currently, but it's usually pretty low or 0%.

Credit is fine but I probably applied around 3 months too early and got licked into one of their iffy brackets. IIRC, application was in July 2011 with 687 score. Once I hit 753, or so, thought they'd show a little love with show a little love but no dice. In a year or two I'll be better positioned and their card won't be necessary for utilization.

I do realize taking the HP would probably get a CLI and not affect AAOA but it just seems icky, LOL! I'm not technically gardening but still don't feel an existing customer with clean credit and perfect payment payment history should have an HP hanging out on their report 2 years just to get a CLI.

They're a great company. It's not them, it's me. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 17 of 29
KhuKhu
New Contributor

I spend a good $3-4K every month on my Chase United card and PIF (99% PIF) before statement cuts to report 1-9% UTL. If I let it report all, will it give me a better chance for an Auto-CLI? or is what i'm doing fine?

Or either way it doesn't matter?

I see OP got an Auto-CLI and he PIF before statement cuts. Wonder if letting it all report is actually better (they think u spend more)?

Message 18 of 29
Bay_Area_Joe
Frequent Contributor

It might have happened once, but don't think I have ever let any of the 4 cards I have from Chase report a balance.

I have seen auto luv in the last few months as follows;

Marriott Premier from 7k to 10.5k

CSP from 5k to 6.5k

Priority Club from 8.4 to 18.4k

My Southwest card, which is the oldest card, started with 3.5k, and still at 3.5k.  It does not get much use though.

J

About 600k in Credit Lines
CSP 29.9k, Citi DP 58.5k, Chase Sams MC 20k, Amex Hilton Surpass 35.6k, Hawaii Air 26k, Discover More 56k, Chase SWA 3.5k, WF PLOC 30k, B of A Visa 63.3k, Wells Plat Visa 8.3k, RC Willey 5k, Pen Fed Visa 50k, Pen Fed PLOC 25k, Lowes 25k, CSR 28.8k
Message 19 of 29
enharu
Super Contributor

@Bay_Area_Joe wrote:

It might have happened once, but don't think I have ever let any of the 4 cards I have from Chase report a balance.

I have seen auto luv in the last few months as follows;

Marriott Premier from 7k to 10.5k

CSP from 5k to 6.5k

Priority Club from 8.4 to 18.4k

My Southwest card, which is the oldest card, started with 3.5k, and still at 3.5k.  It does not get much use though.

J

grats!
very nice auto CLI, most likely the largest I've seen!

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 20 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.