Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Reply
Senior Contributor
Posts: 4,329
Registered: ‎09-06-2008
0

Stupid new VS card

Like others, I have been following the threads about the new VS card upgrades.  I had a black VIP card before, & have had it for at least a couple of years, so I was expecting to receive the new black VIP card.  No.  What did I get?  The hideous pink card!  I feel like I've been downgraded for no apparent reason.

 

I emailed VS via their secure mail to ask what that was about.  Then I got an annoying message back that said I had to call in.  EVERY TIME I ask these people something, it's always the same thing:  "Please call us."  What the **** is the purpose of having secure mail???  Why don't you just call ME?

 

/rant

Latest scores: Walmart TU: 769. MyFICO TU: 769. DCU EQ: 755. MyFICO EQ: 780. PSECU EX: 756. MyFICO EX: 780.
Mega Contributor
Posts: 15,453
Registered: ‎04-09-2011
0

Re: Stupid new VS card


laz98 wrote:

Like others, I have been following the threads about the new VS card upgrades.  I had a black VIP card before, & have had it for at least a couple of years, so I was expecting to receive the new black VIP card.  No.  What did I get?  The hideous pink card!  I feel like I've been downgraded for no apparent reason.

 

I emailed VS via their secure mail to ask what that was about.  Then I got an annoying message back that said I had to call in.  EVERY TIME I ask these people something, it's always the same thing:  "Please call us."  What the **** is the purpose of having secure mail???  Why don't you just call ME?

 

/rant


Will they change it back for you?? I would NOT carry around no pink card!!! Smiley Very Happy




EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Senior Contributor
Posts: 4,329
Registered: ‎09-06-2008
0

Re: Stupid new VS card

I don't know, I have to call tomorrow.  I got the card on Friday, but I was so mad that I didn't want to call & take it out on some poor CSR.

 

I just don't see why they would do that, they just gave me a CLI on the card.  If they were going to try to get me to close the card, that seems like a dumb move.

 

& I was unable to find information about how the new program works, so I don't even know how long I'll be stuck with this ugly little thing!

 

Considering I don't spend as much there or at Bath & Body Works as I used to, I could be stuck with this for a long time Smiley Frustrated

Latest scores: Walmart TU: 769. MyFICO TU: 769. DCU EQ: 755. MyFICO EQ: 780. PSECU EX: 756. MyFICO EX: 780.
Established Contributor
Posts: 677
Registered: ‎03-21-2013
0

Re: Stupid new VS card

I think once you spend a certain amount they send the other card.


Starting Score: 570 ish
Current Score:EX (701) EQ (711) TU (705)
Goal Score: 750
In My Wallet: GE Care Credit (8K) BestBuy (6K) BofA Cash Rewards Signature Visa (7K) Cap One Quicksilver (10.5K) Chase Freedom (4K) Lowes (6K) VS Angel Card (2.4K), Macys (4K)
Established Contributor
Posts: 805
Registered: ‎02-01-2008
0

Re: Stupid new VS card

How often do you use the card? The upgraded benefits are only applicable if you make a purchase with the card every 12 months I believe.

Either way the card numbers should be the same and the cards themselves don't expire so your old card can still be used instead of the new one.

I never switched from the pink to black because I preferred the pink, and I've never run into any issues.
Start 2/2008: TU 495 || EX 539 || EQ 528
Now 5/2013: TU 716 || EX ??? || EQ 702

Slate: $5000 Simplicity: $5000 David's Bridal: $3500 SW Chase: $3000 FNBO: $3000 Barclay NFL: $2500 BofA: $2400 Discover IT: $1700 Walmart: $1500 Victoria's Secret: $1000 Cap1: $750 Amex Zync: NPSL
(2 derogs to go until I'm squeaky clean in 2014!)
Senior Contributor
Posts: 11,485
Registered: ‎10-21-2012
0

Re: Stupid new VS card


LS2982 wrote:

laz98 wrote:

Like others, I have been following the threads about the new VS card upgrades.  I had a black VIP card before, & have had it for at least a couple of years, so I was expecting to receive the new black VIP card.  No.  What did I get?  The hideous pink card!  I feel like I've been downgraded for no apparent reason.

 

I emailed VS via their secure mail to ask what that was about.  Then I got an annoying message back that said I had to call in.  EVERY TIME I ask these people something, it's always the same thing:  "Please call us."  What the **** is the purpose of having secure mail???  Why don't you just call ME?

 

/rant


Will they change it back for you?? I would NOT carry around no pink card!!! Smiley Very Happy


Maybe some folks have that "sense" of feeling uncomfortable with (heaven forbid) carrying something pink, but I find no issue whatsoever with carrying their pink card Robot Very Happy

Senior Contributor
Posts: 11,485
Registered: ‎10-21-2012
0

Re: Stupid new VS card


TimeToRecover wrote:

I think once you spend a certain amount they send the other card.


OP - the "Angel Benefits" and reward structure changed recently as far as the tiers for each card as there are 3 levels going forward.  And, just as others have posted, if you don't use your card enough throughout the 12-month reward period, then you really can't expect to stay at that the previous level.  So, it appears you went back to the basic tier.

 

The recent changes/new levels are clearly posted on the VS site: https://c.comenity.net/victoriassecret/public/Home.xhtml

 

 

Senior Contributor
Posts: 4,329
Registered: ‎09-06-2008
0

Re: Stupid new VS card

Pink is just not my favorite color Smiley Happy  I'm not going to die; it's just not what I was expecting.  Now that I know that I can still use my old card, I guess it doesn't matter as much.

 


FinStar wrote:

OP - the "Angel Benefits" and reward structure changed recently as far as the tiers for each card as there are 3 levels going forward.  And, just as others have posted, if you don't use your card enough throughout the 12-month reward period, then you really can't expect to stay at that the previous level.  So, it appears you went back to the basic tier.

 

The recent changes/new levels are clearly posted on the VS site: https://c.comenity.net/victoriassecret/public/Home.xhtml


Yes, I know that the program has changed, thanks.  I knew there were different tiers now; I just overlooked that info about how to reach each tier, so thank you for pointing that out.  That's what I was missing.

 

I still think VS could have let cardholders know more about the program ahead of time, like how your new tier would be determined, & that you might have to start over.  I never knew that you could lose your VIP status from year to year with the previous program, so there was no reason for me to think that would change with this program.  I thought they would just go by whatever you already had.

 

I just used this card for Christmas, & in March for my birthday.  I feel I spend an average amount throughout the year.  It is not a sock drawer card.

 

Anyway, even though I apparently can't read, my complaint about their customer service still stands Smiley LOL

Latest scores: Walmart TU: 769. MyFICO TU: 769. DCU EQ: 755. MyFICO EQ: 780. PSECU EX: 756. MyFICO EX: 780.
New Contributor
Posts: 55
Registered: ‎10-10-2012
0

Re: Stupid new VS card

Well if it makes you feel any better... the black card is still valid.  I just used yesterday and it has the same card number as the new "VIP" card.

April 2013 FICO Scores
Experian - 709 Chase Freedom Pull
Equifax - 788 BofA MLB Rewards Pull
Trans Union - 778 (GE Money Bank CLI scores)

In the Garden until at least 2014 to let the new accounts age and HP's fall off. 800 club here I come...
Established Contributor
Posts: 888
Registered: ‎09-10-2010
0

Re: Stupid new VS card


LS2982 wrote:

laz98 wrote:

Like others, I have been following the threads about the new VS card upgrades.  I had a black VIP card before, & have had it for at least a couple of years, so I was expecting to receive the new black VIP card.  No.  What did I get?  The hideous pink card!  I feel like I've been downgraded for no apparent reason.

 

I emailed VS via their secure mail to ask what that was about.  Then I got an annoying message back that said I had to call in.  EVERY TIME I ask these people something, it's always the same thing:  "Please call us."  What the **** is the purpose of having secure mail???  Why don't you just call ME?

 

/rant


Will they change it back for you?? I would NOT carry around no pink card!!! Smiley Very Happy


LMAO!!! Well, why not?  It's called Victoria's Secret, NOT Victor's Secret... It has to be feminine Smiley Tongue


TU713, EQ 731 , EX 726 (As of 12/13/14) - Personal Goal = 760

“Beware of little expenses. A small leak will sink a great ship” – Benjamin Franklin

Gardening since 3-26-15































Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.