Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Success(and failures) of my recent app spree

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Success(and failures) of my recent app spree

So i've been trying to rebulid my credit after loosing my job in 2009 and not having any steady work up unil a year ago. My credit was so bad that i was even declined for a Capital One secured card. I was finally able to get one six months ago, along with a Platinum, and 2 First Savings Bank Cards Master Cards. For the past two weeks i have been app'ing like crazy(even though I shouldn't). Here are my results(in order):

Victoria Secret Store Card - APROVED - instant, shopping cart trick, $250

Justice Store Card - APROVED - 7-10 day message, $350

Express Store Card - APROVED - 7-10 day message, $350

Overstock.com Store Card - APROVED - instant, $250

Gamestop Store Card - APROVED - 7-10 day message, $350(i think)

Wal-Mart Store Card - APROVED - instant, $600

Amazon.com Store Card - APROVED - instant, $600

Chase Freedom - APROVED - Instant, $3000(which surprised the crap outta me)

Amazon.com Chase Visa - DECLINED - 30 day message initially. 7-10 day message after. Recon unsuccessful. Will try again in 6 months.

Discover IT - DECLINED - instant

Barclays Apple Rewards - DECLINED- instant - recon successful. $750 CL. Had asked for $1000 initially. 

Bank Of America 1-2-3 Rewards - DECLINED - instant

Capital One QuicksilverOne - DECLINED - instant - called 800-625-7866 to try and recon. got nowhere. was told to wait for email.

Score was 620(Myfico EQ) when i applied for all the Comenity Cards. Was 641 when i applied for eveything else. It's currently 636.

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Creditwiser
Valued Contributor

Re: Success(and failures) of my recent app spree

Boy did you have a go at it. Congrats. You got a few good cards to work with. I strongly suggest that you get yourself in the garden and stay put for atleast a year.  Good luck,

NFCU Visa 30k | NFCU Platinum 30k | Cap1 QS 12K | Cap1 QS 11.5K | Barclay MC 9k | Delta Gold Amex 30K | Discover IT 14K | CFNA FS 3200 | CareCredit 20k| Paypal Credit 5k |
Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah... I do. I told myself i was going to stop after the commenity cards but that didnt happen. Also, I left a card out:

Tiger Direct - DECLINED -  7-10 day message. 

Message 3 of 17
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on the approvals! That Chase Freedom sorta makes up for the declines Smiley Wink

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 4 of 17
uswala
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your approvals!

Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

So i've been trying to rebulid my credit after loosing my job in 2009 and not having any steady work up unil a year ago. My credit was so bad that i was even declined for a Capital One secured card. I was finally able to get one six months ago, along with a Platinum, and 2 First Savings Bank Cards Master Cards. For the past two weeks i have been app'ing like crazy(even though I shouldn't). Here are my results(in order):

Amazon.com Chase Visa - DECLINED - 30 day message initially. 7-10 day message after. Recon unsuccessful. Will try again in 6 months.

Barclays Apple Rewards - DECLINED- instant - recon successful. $750 CL. Had asked for $1000 initially. 

Capital One QuicksilverOne - DECLINED - instant - called 800-625-7866 to try and recon. got nowhere. was told to wait for email.

Score was 620(Myfico EQ) when i applied for all the Comenity Cards. Was 641 when i applied for eveything else. It's currently 636.

Congratulations!...Thanks For Sharing.Man LOL

Message 6 of 17
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats on all of your approvals!!!

Message 7 of 17
Focused10
Established Contributor

Congratulations! Now bury yourself in the garden. That's a lot of credit and some low limits, so your util will get eaten up with one purchase.

Work on increasing your scores and sock some of those cards!

;;;
BCE: $2K | Amazon: $5K | BBVAmex: $7.5K | AAdvntge: $8.5K | AMEX: $30K | Frdm: $10K | Citi: $6.2K | FNB: $10K | NASA: $25K | CapOne QS: $10K | Chase Marriott: $12K ~ Garden 3.2.16
Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats Smiley Happy  We all have to start somewhere but refrain from applying for a while as others have suggested.

Message 9 of 17
skigirl916
Established Contributor

No more store cards! Garden what you have, and then focus on getting higher limits on the Visa/MCs.

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.