cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Success thanks to this site! Chase Freedom, Discover IT, AMEX, and USAA approvals

tag
Benelli
Established Member

Success thanks to this site! Chase Freedom, Discover IT, AMEX, and USAA approvals

Well, a year ago all i had was a secured card with capital one because nobody would offer me credit. Mainly because of lack of history and defaulted student loans back in 2008. 8 months ago I got the Chevron and Walmart cards with around $700 credit each. Sometimes I carried a balance sometimes I PIF and I've gotten a few auto increases.

Fast forward to now. I got the Myfico scorewatch so i can keep an eye on my score and I get all 3 reports from USAA every month for $15. I've apped for quite a few cards over the last two months. In October I obtained the Chase Freedom $2000 and Slate $2500 as well as the Barclays rewards which only has a $500 limit. In November I was approved for the USAA Rate advantage $2000. I was on cloud nine!! Now, icing on the cake is a few days ago I called chase and had my credit limit from the slate added to the Freedom making it $4500. The balance on both cards was $0 at the time. Yesterday I apped for the Discover IT and the AMEX Blue Everyday and got approvals on both! Discover is only a $1500 limit, AMEX hooked me up with $2800!

I'm beyond happy right now. I have the cards I want now thanks to doing the right thing with my finances and y'alls help! This forum is awesome!

Now I garden until October 2014.  FICO is 676 as of today and utilization is around 5%.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Success thanks to this site! Chase Freedom, Discover IT, AMEX, and USAA approvals

Message 2 of 9
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: Success thanks to this site! Chase Freedom, Discover IT, AMEX, and USAA approvals

Congrats! See you in the garden. Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 3 of 9
Benelli
Established Member

With all these new cards, Barclays is either gonna give me a big increase to encourange me to use their card, or cancel me lol.

Message 4 of 9
myjourney
Super Contributor

Congrats 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 5 of 9
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 6 of 9
rockinn8
Contributor

Congrats!  Its posts like this that make it a little easier to be in the garden with an itchy app finger!  Something to look forward to!  Great job!  see you in the garden!

Starting Score: EQ FICO 673 TU FAKO 641
Current Score: EQ FICO 740, EX FICO 748, TU FICO 722 (Discover)
Goal Score: All 730+ FICOs

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 9
Benelli
Established Member

Thank you very much. I've become a tad addicted to researching cards and applying lol. But I'm really done for a while. I don't post much on here because there is really no need to. Everything I want to know I've found through the search function.

Message 8 of 9
AyalaZero
New Contributor

I think this site has been benificial to many of us.  Although the Utility % is the one most of us seem to have a problem following through on lol.  This site is awesome!

Starting Scores: Low 500's 2/27/08
Current Scores:Transunion: 700 02/13/15 Experian: 713 02/17/15 Equifax: 736 02/18/15
Goal Score: 770 Across the board!!
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.