Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sun Trust Cash Rewards WMC Approved! $5800

tag
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Sun Trust Cash Rewards WMC Approved! $5800

All I was missing was a cash back gas card. Since Chase wont approved BK'ers for years Smiley Mad. I went back to Sun Trust where I was for years. Opened my checking and savings again and applied for the card. You may have seen my dilema on Equisux in another thread when I applied. Business side said I had a mixed file. Consumer side I wasn't. All came down to me deleting old addys, and they got trigger happy and deleted my previous address. Morons. Disputed and old addy was reinserted. Finally Approved. Pulled EQ only. Scores below. Yes its a east coast bank. Pretty conservative. Now i can close out the old Cap1 Plat/QS. So long rebuilder! I am single so wont be going over 6k on gas/grocery. Cant wait to close out my Chase accounts. Later tight wads!

suntrust.PNG

• 5% Cash Back
    on up to $6,000 spent on gas and grocery qualifying purchases in the first 12 months
  • 2% Unlimited Cash Back
    on qualifying gas and grocery purchases after your introductory bonus cash back (2% better then 1.5 from Cap1)
  • 1% Unlimited Cash Back
    on all other qualifying purchases
  • 0.0% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for 15 months after account opening. Competitive variable rate, currently 12.24%–22.24% APR, thereafter
  • No annual fee
  • No foreign transaction fees
  • Get a Cash Deposit Bonus of 10%, 25% or more3 based on your deposit relationship with SunTrust, when you redeem your cash back directly into a SunTrust Checking, Savings or Money Market account.
  • Free FICO
  • For you guys with big bucks. They will match up to 50% https://www.suntrust.com/credit-cards

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re: Sun Trust Cash Rewards WMC Approved! $5800

Congrats! I've been getting preapprovals for this card since joining SunTrust 7 months ago.

I've resisted apping ..it gets harder every time they send me the email. Lol

APR offered keeps going down slowly. Enjoy your new card!

Message 2 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats FM1 Smiley Happy nice pickupSmiley Happy
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!
Message 4 of 10
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

I got my Debit Card today since I opened a checking/savings/ CC account. Chase never offered these bene's with their debit card. Pretty cool.

Mastercard® Benefits included with your SunTrust Mastercard Debit Card:

• Zero liability1: 100% protection from unauthorized purchases.
  • Satisfaction Guarantee2: Receive a refund, up to $250, in the event you are dissatisfied with your item within 60 days of purchase and the store will not accept the item for return.
  • Extended warranty2: Doubles the original manufacturer's warranty for up to one year.
  • Price Protection2: Covers most purchases made with your card for 60 days from the date of purchase for the difference between what you paid and the lowest advertised price.
  • Purchase Assurance3: The SunTrust Mastercard World Debit Card also comes with Purchase Assurance that provides coverage for most items that are damaged or stolen within 90 days of the purchase date.
  • Mastercard® SecureCodeTM: Helps to protect against unauthorized use of your debit card account when you shop online at participating merchants
  • Of course you'd use your CC for cash back.

Message 5 of 10
12njoy
Super Contributor

@FireMedic1 wrote:

All I was missing was a cash back gas card. Since Chase wont approved BK'ers for years Smiley Mad. I went back to Sun Trust where I was for years. Opened my checking and savings again and applied for the card. You may have seen my dilema on Equisux in another thread when I applied. Business side said I had a mixed file. Consumer side I wasn't. All came down to me deleting old addys, and they got trigger happy and deleted my previous address. Morons. Disputed and old addy was reinserted. Finally Approved. Pulled EQ only. Scores below. Yes its a east coast bank. Pretty conservative. Now i can close out the old Cap1 Plat/QS. So long rebuilder! I am single so wont be going over 6k on gas/grocery. Cant wait to close out my Chase accounts. Later tight wads!

suntrust.PNG

• 5% Cash Back
    on up to $6,000 spent on gas and grocery qualifying purchases in the first 12 months
  • 2% Unlimited Cash Back
    on qualifying gas and grocery purchases after your introductory bonus cash back (2% better then 1.5 from Cap1)
  • 1% Unlimited Cash Back
    on all other qualifying purchases
  • 0.0% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for 15 months after account opening. Competitive variable rate, currently 12.24%–22.24% APR, thereafter
  • No annual fee
  • No foreign transaction fees
  • Get a Cash Deposit Bonus of 10%, 25% or more3 based on your deposit relationship with SunTrust, when you redeem your cash back directly into a SunTrust Checking, Savings or Money Market account.
  • Free FICO
  • For you guys with big bucks. They will match up to 50% https://www.suntrust.com/credit-cards

Congrats.  I opened a Sun Trust account last year and they closed it a month later due to a security issue they said.  Down with Chase, they are tight wad's.  I closed all my accounts after 2 cld's which is their right.  Over a year's period, I went from 71k down to about 10k across 6 cards.  Thanks, but no thanks.   Closed all of them because they were not getting any more AF's outta me for a $1,000 limit.  Notta

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby (1.6M)/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 6 of 10
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Just got the card. They pulled EQ FICO Bankcard 8 score 748, higher than my FICO 8.

Message 7 of 10
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congrats to you on a good card!! Thats a great approval, and Im sure will grow with you!
Message 8 of 10
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Felt good to walk into Chase and close out all my accounts. Told the in branch CSR it isnt her fault. Its a coporate thing to not approved BK'ers. Told her i only filed for back tax reasons from years ago. Approved with 748 EQ and a WMC FOR 5800 at Suntrust. She was trying her best for me to apply and she would do her best to get me approved. No thanks. I got approved already at Sun Trust. She understood. I may be just a small little guy out of millions who have Chase accounts. But it was a in your face feeling for me to this company. Smiley Very Happy So long Chase.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats FM! 

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.