Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suprise from Chase

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Suprise from Chase

Got a nice surprise from Chase today. They bumped the CL for my CFU by about $4000. No request for the CLI at all, just appeared on my account. I used to have a balance on this card (was a Slate a couple of months ago before a PC) and recently paid it off in full (after the PC). Then put another 1000 on the card in the last couple months. It seems carrying a balance with Chase then the paying it down, but still using the card, can lead to CLIs.

The strange thing is.. I used to get offers in the mail for CLIs from Chase and had to accept them. This was automatic and unsolicited.

I'm posting this just because I know some here want to get CLIs from Chase, and though this might be a good DP for that.

For reference my Amex FICO is around 790. My CK 'scores are in the 820s. I also just opened 2 new cards with Chase in the last 2.5 months.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

Re: Suprise from Chase

Nice ! 

Gotta go check my Chase cards to see if they lov me....not holding my breath Smiley Frustrated

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!! Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys/glas.

gdale6 thanks for moving this to the proper location. I didn't know a CLI should be under the approval sub-forum.

EDIT: now that I look around in the approvals area I see all the CLI posts. Oops.. Smiley Embarassed

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations. Chase will never give me an auto CLI unfortunately. Big frown Smiley Sad

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!

Message 6 of 12
alextercero
Super Contributor

Congrats

Current Credit Cards

Currently rebuilding as of (May 2021)

Current Fico Scores 8/9: (April 2024)

Credit Age:

Inquiries:

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations. Chase will never give me an auto CLI unfortunately. Big frown Smiley Sad

Thanks. Don't give up. I think the key is heavy usage on Chase products. Just put a alot of send through them and the CLIs will come. But it might take some time. One thing that might have been key, is I used to carry a high balance on that card, roughly 50-60% before getting it payed down.

EDIT: I'm not saying that carrying a balance is a good thing, let alone that much balance. I would have preferred to not have payed the interest on carrying that balance as long as I did vs. getting a CLI.  I'm just pointing out that was my usage pattern that eventually led to the CLI.

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the increase Smiley Very Happy

Message 9 of 12
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Very nice! Congrats

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.