Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surprising Auto CLI from Barclay

tag
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Re: Surprising Auto CLI from Barclay

^^^^hahha thats what I would say if a had a Barclaycard

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 11 of 18
EaglesFan2006
Established Contributor

Not sure i get that one...
Message 12 of 18
EaglesFan2006
Established Contributor

Also, what AA in that context? Just curious!
Message 13 of 18
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@EaglesFan2006 wrote:
Also, what AA in that context? Just curious!

AA = Adverse Action

Barclays is notorious for this if your a new cardmember and you apply for alot of new credit within the first 6 months of account opening.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 14 of 18
EaglesFan2006
Established Contributor

Oh ok. That's what I thought. Though I've had the card for more than 18 months now and this is the second increase, so I'm pretty happy. I had heard that about Barclay on here though. I was worried when I opens up a citi and chase card last June about that
Message 15 of 18
enharu
Super Contributor

I'm pretty sure I have a 50:50 chance of getting my account closed. I'm mentally prepared for it. lol

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 16 of 18
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@EaglesFan2006 wrote:
Oh ok. That's what I thought. Though I've had the card for more than 18 months now and this is the second increase, so I'm pretty happy. I had heard that about Barclay on here though. I was worried when I opens up a citi and chase card last June about that

Be careful because it does apply after 6 months as well. They do reviews every 6 months. You would have to have a few different no no's going on now (High util, new baddies) plus new accts for them to get spooked.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 17 of 18
EaglesFan2006
Established Contributor

Thanks for the tip. I'm hoping that wont happen for me seeing as they just increased me. Maybe it's just a trick they're playing Smiley Happy
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.