Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync Amazon Luv on New Account

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sync Amazon Luv on New Account

So Synchrony approved me for an Amazon Prime Card a little over a month ago with a sad limit ($1k). I've made good use of it, including getting 12-month 0% financing for an $800 purchase. I want to use it more often, but with that small a limit, it's only so useful. 

Inspired by Pizza's guide to Sync CLI (and by the fact that my TU score has jumped up to the 740s) I decided, what the hell, and used Live Chat to ask for a bump to $8K. Sync countered with $4k, which I obviously took Smiley Happy 

The only down side is that my Chase Amazon Visa is now even more useless. I might retire that card down the line and replace it with a Marriot card or (shooting for the moon here) the CSR, but will keep it around for util purposes since it's currently at $6k CL/$0 balance. 

6 REPLIES 6
KSK1912
Valued Contributor

Re: Sync Amazon Luv on New Account

Congrats on the cli. That's true, if you have amazon store card, the visa version is kinda useless. Hard to beat the 5% bak on the store card.

6/14/15: Equifax 576 Experian 542 Transunion 571
8/17/15: Equifax 626 Experian 619 Transunion 622
9/28/15: Equifax 655 Experian 636 Transunion 641
11/11/15: Equifax 698 Experian 687 Transunion 672
Short Term Goal Score: 720 Across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Are you free Tuesday..?
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@KSK1912 wrote:

Congrats on the cli. That's true, if you have amazon store card, the visa version is kinda useless. Hard to beat the 5% bak on the store card.

Yeah, the 5% cash back or 0% financing choice makes this a great deal if you're good at keeping your balance paid down. Wish I had realized it existed first!

Message 3 of 7
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on getting your cliSmiley Happy. I am shocked though they didnt approve you for whole 8k considering your TU is in the 740's. That kind of score with Sync should yield a 10- 15 k limit going off posts with people with those scores but then again, this is the New SynchronySmiley Sad
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Congrats on getting your cliSmiley Happy. I am shocked though they didnt approve you for whole 8k considering your TU is in the 740's. That kind of score with Sync should yield a 10- 15 k limit going off posts with people with those scores but then again, this is the New SynchronySmiley Sad

Yeah I was obviously hoping for more, but oh well. At least I can fit more than a new mattress on it now Smiley Happy 

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your new SL! Enjoy and use it wisely.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats and yeah the store card in this case is way better IMHO.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.