Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony Amazon/Walmart Store Cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Synchrony Amazon/Walmart Store Cards

Been doing a lot of reading for a while and based on what I've gathered Synchrony pulls TU for Amazon/Walmart. I read that sometimes it's based on region with who they pull but I decided to go ahead and apply anyway. I have a thin profile, opened up a cap1 secure with $200 as well as a Discover IT secure for $200 in April/May respectively, along with 5 store cards with the SCT with NY&C being my highest CL at $500 and the others $250/150. I also have a car loan directly from Honda for a 3 year lease for 13k.

My current credit scores are a follows: EQ 626 TU 658 EX 621.

I went ahead and applied for Amazon when I was at 655 TU and got approved for $1400! I was in shock considering that I just started rebuilding. Two days later I applied for Walmart and got $600. Surprised as well. Didn't think I'd stand a chance. I have 12 IN on EQ 5 on TU and 4 on EX. I plan on keeping it that way tull this time next year and see where I stand by then. Hopefully I'll be able to get in with Chase, Amex and the other guys.

I have 1 baddie and it's a student loan that will fall off February 2018 or if I manage to pay it off before hand, either way a baddie is a baddie. Other than that I make all payments on time since April and thus far I have seen my scores climb tremendously. I started out in the high 400's.

Just thought I'd share a few data points and also some feedback and or advice would be greatly appreciated!
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Synchrony Amazon/Walmart Store Cards

Great job so far. You did great on the sl for your amazon . Thats what i was approved for and i now have at $6000 so youll be on your way in no time. As your TU rises, so should your ability to get cli on your Walmart and Amazon. I think your right on just letting some time pass, use your cards well and in a year from now you should be much better off. My own newbie/ rebuilding advise would be to make sure you only app for what you need not just to spp so when that year comes around you wont have slot of inqs and you can have better options with the cards you really want. My lesson learned in my last year and half of rebuildSmiley Happy good luckSmiley Happy
Message 2 of 10
mystikal1
Established Contributor

Congrats.
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good for you!! It's nice to see a fellow rebuilder finally get some luv!! Those limits will grow too!!
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Been doing a lot of reading for a while and based on what I've gathered Synchrony pulls TU for Amazon/Walmart. I read that sometimes it's based on region with who they pull but I decided to go ahead and apply anyway. I have a thin profile, opened up a cap1 secure with $200 as well as a Discover IT secure for $200 in April/May respectively, along with 5 store cards with the SCT with NY&C being my highest CL at $500 and the others $250/150. I also have a car loan directly from Honda for a 3 year lease for 13k.

I went ahead and applied for Amazon when I was at 655 TU and got approved for $1400! I was in shock considering that I just started rebuilding. Two days later I applied for Walmart and got $600. Surprised as well. Didn't think I'd stand a chance. I have 12 IN on EQ 5 on TU and 4 on EX. I plan on keeping it that way tull this time next year and see where I stand by then. Hopefully I'll be able to get in with Chase, Amex and the other guys.

I have 1 baddie and it's a student loan that will fall off February 2018 or if I manage to pay it off before hand, either way a baddie is a baddie. Other than that I make all payments on time since April and thus far I have seen my scores climb tremendously. I started out in the high 400's.

Just thought I'd share a few data points and also some feedback and or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Congratulations to you!...Thanks for sharing.Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You will see you CL's grow. Pay close attention to J Crew. I've had this card a short time and my CL is at $4200. Good luck and Good Job!

Message 6 of 10
MissMoni223
Senior Contributor

Way to go, CONGRATS!!! Smiley Happy

Gardening Until Further Notice
15 Credit Cards (12 Major Banks & 3 Store Cards)
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone! It's amazing how quick your credit scores go up if you just continue to keep yur utilization low and never missing any payments.

I know stand at EQ 626 TU 660 EX 626 I feel like I've made a lot of progress since being in the upper 400s in April!
Message 8 of 10
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

Congrats to you !!!

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 9 of 10
wantmoremoney
Regular Contributor

Congratulations!! Love both of these cards!!!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.