cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony FINALLY likes me!!!!! And Cap1, too!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Synchrony FINALLY likes me!!!!! And Cap1, too!

Congrats on the approvals
Message 11 of 15
alextercero
Super Contributor

Congrats

Current Credit Cards

Currently rebuilding as of (May 2021)

Current Fico Scores 8/9: (April 2024)

Credit Age:

Inquiries:

Message 12 of 15
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

Congrats to you !!!

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Our scores are pretty similar, and so are our cards.

Quicksilver 1 - I actually had 4, all opened the same week in Nov, got increases on all at the 3 month mark, all were in credit steps too. Two went from 300 to 1300, the others 500 to 2000. After steps I combined some and now have 2 with 3300 on each. Request an increase every 6 months.

WalMart- approved in Jan for 500, couldn't get an increase until 6 months. The button upped it to 700 and I called credit solutions and was able to get it to 3000. Tried credit solutions once before that around 4 months and was denied. I won't use solutions again though now that it's at 3000 because I don't need more than that on a Walmart store card.

Amazon- approved last month, was denied 2 months before that. Wasn't smart and apped when I had a brand new loan report, and denied mostly due to loan to balances. As soon as it dropped below 80% I reapplied and was approved for 1000. Afraid to call solutions to see if I can up it because I don't like being denied by a person haha.

BuyPower- wish I didn't get. It was one of my very first pre approval mailers so I apped in December. Came with 12 months 0% but 300 limit. It was enrolled in credit steps and I was hoping since it was a world elite card I would be getting at least a similar increase as the quicksilvers, but nope. Increased to 500. 

Kohls- approved in Dec with a 300 limit. They only do increases every 6 months. Was upped to 700 using the increase button after 6th statement.

I only recommend not to open too many store cards. I don't post often but have been lurking here forever. So many people open a ton of store cards when rebuilding and then have store card regret once their scores improve a bit. I'm guilty of it too, thankfully not to the point of some others I've seen. Amazons a great card for the financing and 5% back. Kohls has great deals if you shop there often. Walmart isn't that great but everyone seems to have one haha. They all have high apr's and should never be used to carry a balance so unless their card offers great discounts or rewards, you shop there a lot, and you pay in full, there's usually a better option to pay with. I remember I opened a Buckle card in Dec and after I got it I was thinking to myself '**bleep** I don't even shop there.' I had just had my first successful shopping card trick at Vic Secret, was high off finally being approved, and when I looked at the alphabetical list of Comenity cards Buckle was the the first one I came across that I thought had somewhat cute clothing. What a stupid reason to open a credit card. A month later I was going through their website trying to find something to buy so I could put activity on the card, realized I was costing myself money I wouldn't otherwise spend over a card I didn't want or need, and closed it. 

Anyways that's my cautionary tale. Not just for you but for also anyone else that may come across it. When I first looked into rebuilding my credit, and before I really knew what myfico was, my google results always pulled up shopping cart threads from myfico, as well as synchrony store cards threads. All showing people with similar profiles ecstatic over being approved for these low limit store cards. I got sucked in before I was really informed on exactly how credit works. Thankfully I only opened 3-4 cards before I stopped and pumped the breaks. I'm of course the only person responsible for my credit but I do wish I saw more cautionary tales about these store cards first.

Message 14 of 15
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Congrats!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.