Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony bank Walmart approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Synchrony bank Walmart approval

I had a pretty decent TU myFICO score and 3% utilization and 5 years AaoA. I only got a SL of $700 Smiley Sad I was expecting at least $3,000 that's how much Chase Freedom Started me on.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Synchrony bank Walmart approval

Congrats on your approvalSmiley Happy.

One should remember that when applying, you may not get a limit you might expect because another bsnk gave you a specific one. Each banks underwriting is different.

Sometimes Wally can start low but in a few months, could be less could be more, it can easily top the limit Chase gave you. In fact while most likely any cli request you do with Chase will be hp, you can look forward to many sp opportunities with Synchrony backed WalmartSmiley Wink
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's awesome to hear! I have seen on this board that synchrony is very generous with the CLI and this card can grow very quickly. Cheers!
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!! Dont worry about low SL. Use it for 3-6 months and CALL credit solution for CLI and request high like $5000-8000 depends on your credit profile. Luv CLI button on walmart website never works for me. So my suggestion, always CALL them.Heart

Message 4 of 10
mrldp40
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats!!! Dont worry about low SL. Use it for 3-6 months and CALL credit solution for CLI and request high like $5000-8000 depends on your credit profile. Luv CLI button on walmart website never works for me. So my suggestion, always CALL them.:hearwhere

where is luv button located i dont see one,btw i would call cs first i just dont see a luv button

ready to start a rebuild ex 533 eq 518 tu 541
inquiries EQ 2 EX 0 TU 1 multiple charge off current card green dot secured 500
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mrldp40 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats!!! Dont worry about low SL. Use it for 3-6 months and CALL credit solution for CLI and request high like $5000-8000 depends on your credit profile. Luv CLI button on walmart website never works for me. So my suggestion, always CALL them.:hearwhere

where is luv button located i dont see one,btw i would call cs first i just dont see a luv button

Should be a button called 'Request More' right under activity where it says what you have available to spend / and your credit limit.

I got a SL of $600 in 12/2016, tried the button a couple times since then and get the account too new line, tried chat for a CLI and requested $2k and denied me. Waitingoin the letter of the reasonfor the most recent request.. Been charging, PIF and a balance carry. Haven't found the magic yet for the CLI. Been 6 months + now, had hopes of at least some movement. Been wanting the UTI to show lower when the balance cuts, even if i do PIF. Probably give it another go 'round in 90 days again.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Opened a WM card earlier this year with $600 SL. 6mos or so later I'm at 5k.

JCP card 5 mos ago started at $500 now at 3.5k.

Amazon card 2 mos ago started at $400 now at 5k. Synchrony is extremely generous with CLI.
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@mrldp40 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Should be a button called 'Request More' right under activity where it says what you have available to spend / and your credit limit.

I got a SL of $600 in 12/2016, tried the button a couple times since then and get the account too new line, tried chat for a CLI and requested $2k and denied me. Waitingoin the letter of the reasonfor the most recent request.. Been charging, PIF and a balance carry. Haven't found the magic yet for the CLI. Been 6 months + now, had hopes of at least some movement. Been wanting the UTI to show lower when the balance cuts, even if i do PIF. Probably give it another go 'round in 90 days again.

Try to CALL credit solution if your TU credit score have improved. I believe they like score high 600ish, around 670-690 and other member posted if you have TU score above 700 you can request $10,000 limit.  Its always SP on TU for CLI with Walmart. Good Luck ;P

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok so I just got off the phone after seeing this but I called the Walmart under writing number the first one listed in the back door numbers on here. I asked for $3,000 and was declined. Did I call the wrong number ? My TU is closer to 700 and 52k annual.
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Ok so I just got off the phone after seeing this but I called the Walmart under writing number the first one listed in the back door numbers on here. I asked for $3,000 and was declined. Did I call the wrong number ? My TU is closer to 700 and 52k annual.

Since you just approved few days ago, try to use it for 3 to 6 months first and call them back again. Be patient ;p

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.