Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synovus CLI

tag
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

Synovus CLI

I got my Synovus cash rewards card as my first foray back into credit cards after swearing them off a decade ago.  Going "credit free" just seemed pointless after getting a mortgage.  Synovus is my local bank and I've kept my deposits there for decades.

They started me off with a $1000 CL.  I learned all about paying down to the lowest possible balance before statement printing.  Got it down to a science.  The silly 1% return just didn't seem worth it, though, as I started learning about the rewards so many other cards had to offer.  As soon as I got my Cap1 QS with its $10K limit, my Synovus card became instantly obsolete.

I left it open since it didn't cost me anything, but hardly used it.  Then in October they revamped the rewards program and started offering 3% on dining plus 3% on chosen category.  When I got what I wanted from my points cards and started focusing on cash back again, this card went back in my wallet.  The low limit was annoying, though, so I figured I'd bite the bullet and click the CLI button.

The Synovus credit card experience isn't well covered online, so I had nothing to go on.  Turns out, when you request a CLI, they just ask for your income and your rent/mortgage payment.  And then they tell you to wait 3-5 business days.  No instant decision here.  Also, I waited for a HP alert but never got one.  Looks like they base it on a SP.

EDIT: I spoke too soon.  They hard pulled EQ.

I logged in this morning to check my balance since my statement was set to print today.  And to my amazement, the credit limit showed up as $9,000!

While I'm pleased as punch to see it, I was surprised I never got an email telling me of their decision.  I'm guessing I'll get a letter in the mail.

So my little local bank just earned back a permanent slot in my wallet among my arsenal of goliath bank cards.

Seriously, if you live in GA, AL, FL, SC, or TN, check out the new offerings from Synovus.  They don't do signup bonuses, but their rewards program has been recently upgraded and they're rivaling the big boys now on keeper cards.  I use mine for 3% on restaurants and groceries.  It means my plan to PC the Cap1 QS to whatever their dining card is called now is no longer necessary.  And they let me pull rewards out in any amount over $25 as soon as the first statement prints, which sends my BCE to the sock drawer.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Re: Synovus CLI

That's great, congradulations! 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 2 of 5
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Sounds like several cards are going to the SD there.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S on your new limit. Enjoy your card and remember...Charge wisely!
Message 4 of 5
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

SunnySideSynchronySynovusSeriouslySmiley Wink
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.