cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

THANK YOU ALL!!!! 2 Approvals (1 for me and 1 for dw)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: THANK YOU ALL!!!! 2 Approvals (1 for me and 1 for dw)

@Anonymous wrote:

I wouldn't necessarily say, "Don't worry about inquiries." Navy Federal has turned me down 4 times this year, and "number of inquiries" was one of the biggest reasons. So they definitely DO matter sometimes. (I had between 4 and 9 in the last year when they gave that as a reason). They also cited utilization and number of new accounts as well, so inquiries was only one factor, but my util on TU this most recent rejection was 9% and only a handful of accounts in the last 6 months, so I have to believe inquiries were fairly significant. 

I would say "don't worry about inquries". NFCU used inquiries as one factor, but that's not why you were declined 4 times. They don't like your profile. That's why you were declined 4 times.

I had 24 inquiries and 30 new accounts when I was approved for NFCU CLOC $15000 and approved for Gorewards at $22000....and no baddies...

It's all about a creditor liking or not liking your profiles. Not inquiries.

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I wouldn't necessarily say, "Don't worry about inquiries." Navy Federal has turned me down 4 times this year, and "number of inquiries" was one of the biggest reasons. So they definitely DO matter sometimes. (I had between 4 and 9 in the last year when they gave that as a reason). They also cited utilization and number of new accounts as well, so inquiries was only one factor, but my util on TU this most recent rejection was 9% and only a handful of accounts in the last 6 months, so I have to believe inquiries were fairly significant. 

Others have gotten approved with profiles showin more inquiries and more new accounts and sometimes baddies...something else must be on your profiile that you're not telling us about or that you do not know about.

I would check your credit reports and see what you can find.  You're profile is not bad at all, something else is up!

Message 12 of 14
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

OP, I'd wait on the next new card but not because of inquiries. You have two new sign-up bonuses in the family. Work on those first. Smiley Happy

The fact that inquiries will drop in the meantime can be considered a bonus.

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

WHOA! Congratulations on you and your wifes new card! I bet it feels good doesn't it? Enjoyyyy it!
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.