Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TOO MANY NEW ACCOUNTS!!!

tag
cem13
Established Contributor

Re: TOO MANY NEW ACCOUNTS!!!

@NRB525 wrote:

Congratulations on all the cards. In my opinion, the BBVA counts as a store card, so better off without it.

One statistic you might want to add, Bonus Spend requirements? Smiley Happy

Just a quick question, why do you think the BBVA NBA card is a store card?  It can be used to buy gas, food, hell I even bought a few yards of sand with it.

Are you saying this because there are no rewards?  The only real benefit is when you shop for NBA products?

I guess everyone has a right to their opinion but I do not think it is a "store card" per se.

FICO 08 JUL23: TU 850; EQ 846; EX 843. Clean since BK7 D/C 6/2011.
Message 11 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great mix! Yeah get them free flights. Clear for takeoff Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 31
vagrants
Regular Contributor

lol, this card is so misunderstood.

@cem13 wrote:

@NRB525 wrote:

Congratulations on all the cards. In my opinion, the BBVA counts as a store card, so better off without it.

Just a quick question, why do you think the BBVA NBA card is a store card?  It can be used to buy gas, food, hell I even bought a few yards of sand with it.

Are you saying this because there are no rewards?  The only real benefit is when you shop for NBA products?

I guess everyone has a right to their opinion but I do not think it is a "store card" per se.

lol, this card is so misunderstood. I wasn't going to say, but this can be a very powerful card when the time is right.

AMEX Cash Rebate (this isn't Costco, older version of Blue Cash), AMEX Blue Cash, AMEX BCP, AMEX SPG (personal), Barclay Sallie Mae Plat MC, BBVA Compass NBA AMEX (No AF), Capital One QuickSilver VISA Sig, Capital One QuickSilver World MC, 2x Chase Freedom VISA Sig, Chase Ink Bold World Elite MC, Citi Dividend AMEX/World MC, Citi Double Cash, Citi Hilton VISA Sig, Discover More, Discover It, Fidelity AMEX, Huntington Voice World MC, MyPoints Rewards VISA, 2x US Bank Cash+ VISA Sig
Message 13 of 31
NRB525
Super Contributor

@cem13 wrote:

@NRB525 wrote:

You are correct it is not a traditional store card. Looking at the terms, if one gets the app in prior to June 30, then no AF for life, so in that case, it raises the viability of the card. Otherwise, the $50 AF plus the FTF drags down the bonuses. If one spends a lot at NBA games and related activities, it's a good card for that.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 14 of 31
vagrants
Regular Contributor

@NRB525 wrote:

@cem13 wrote:

@NRB525 wrote:

You are correct it is not a traditional store card. Looking at the terms, if one gets the app in prior to June 30, then no AF for life, so in that case, it raises the viability of the card. Otherwise, the $50 AF plus the FTF drags down the bonuses. If one spends a lot at NBA games and related activities, it's a good card for that.

lol, go read again. And, pay attention to rewards...that might make you think a little.

AMEX Cash Rebate (this isn't Costco, older version of Blue Cash), AMEX Blue Cash, AMEX BCP, AMEX SPG (personal), Barclay Sallie Mae Plat MC, BBVA Compass NBA AMEX (No AF), Capital One QuickSilver VISA Sig, Capital One QuickSilver World MC, 2x Chase Freedom VISA Sig, Chase Ink Bold World Elite MC, Citi Dividend AMEX/World MC, Citi Double Cash, Citi Hilton VISA Sig, Discover More, Discover It, Fidelity AMEX, Huntington Voice World MC, MyPoints Rewards VISA, 2x US Bank Cash+ VISA Sig
Message 15 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@vagrants wrote:

When the time is right.

The time is almost right Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 31
NRB525
Super Contributor

@vagrants wrote:

@NRB525 wrote:

@cem13 wrote:

@NRB525 wrote:

lol, go read again. And, pay attention to rewards...that might make you think a little.

OP already got the PRG, which covers the 2 points for Groceries (provided the store codes correctly) and Gas, similar AMEX coding quirks, with the ~$200 AF, however those MR points are different uses. The BBVA may be of interest to the OP, but obviously it's not of primary interest because it is in a mix of nine applications in what, one day? two days? If it were the only app, it would seem to be more important to the OP. You are certainly entitled to enjoy your BBVA card.

May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
Message 17 of 31
vagrants
Regular Contributor

@NRB525 wrote:

@vagrants wrote:

@NRB525 wrote:

@cem13 wrote:

@NRB525 wrote:

OP already got the PRG, which covers the 2 points for Groceries (provided the store codes correctly) and Gas, similar AMEX coding quirks, with the ~$200 AF, however those MR points are different uses. The BBVA may be of interest to the OP, but obviously it's not of primary interest because it is in a mix of nine applications in what, one day? two days? If it were the only app, it would seem to be more important to the OP. You are certainly entitled to enjoy your BBVA card.

OMG, you are missing something big...please pay special attention to what CreditFlunky said...this is the last clue. If you don't get it, that's fine. LESS PEOPLE KNOW, MORE OF US card holders benefit.

Message 18 of 31
NRB525
Super Contributor

I'm not seeing a whole lot that CF said, other than 65 store cards. So taking a guess, What, the NBA Playoffs? Ok, so 5% during the playoffs. Enjoy Smiley Happy

What are you going to spend your $10,000 on to maximize the benefit?

Message 19 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

That was an excellent job getting new accounts. You know in the credit world where we as the consumer have no say, we get what cards are available to us.

Invariably there will be some lenders that say yes and some that say no. Not getting BBVA and getting the others is a great run. Some of us were approved for BBVA and declined for others.

In the end all that matters is building a lump sum of available credit that can be used when needed or wanted, right?

Message 20 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.