Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TWO PenFed Approvals Today!

tag
FabulousDtheBruin
New Contributor

TWO PenFed Approvals Today!

Hi all,

I have a question.  I applied last night to for a Promise Visa.  This morning loan officer called me to verify since I have a security freeze on my account.  She said card was approved for $27,500 and to log in and sign the loan docs.  I said OK.  Then realized that the Promise Visa has no rewards (just zero fess).  So I called customer serivice and asked if they could split the limits.  She said I needed to apply for the Visa Siggy (the one I wanted) and that she could put a note in the app. for the loan officer so that she knows I wanna do this.  So anyway, just checked, got another approval for $27,500.  Did they take away my promise Visa??  I don't get it.  HELP.  

PenFed Promise.pngPenFedSiggy.png

AmEx BCE - 2K, Clear from AmEx - 2K, Bank of America Travel Rewards - 10K, Chase Freedom - 4.3K, U.S. Bank College Visa - $600, Discover More Card - 7K, Citi Dividend Card for Students - 2.1K, Barclay Rewards MC-2.5K, Macys Red Card-1.8K, Bank of America AmEx-15K, Banana Republic Visa-2.5K, Chase CSP-10K, Chase Saphire-5K,
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
trant3
Established Contributor

Re: TWO PenFed Approvals Today!

wow congrats, nice SLs. You might've gotten both, but who knows, terms could change until the status goes into transferred.

FNBO $15k, Aspiration Zero $11k, Affinity FCU $10k, Sofi $15k, Venmo Visa $2.7k, Apple $7k, Citi Custom Cash $14k, Citi Double Cash $15k, Citizens Bank Cash Plus $8k, Chase Amazon $3k, Chase Flex $13.6k, Chase IHG $16k, Amex BCP $9.5k, Amex Hilton $10k, Chase Freedom $26.5k, NFCU Plat $46k, NFCU Cash $33k, Discover IT $29k, Discover Miles $12k, BECU Visa $14k, Wells Fargo Active $6.3k, PenFed Promise $15k, PenFed Gold $20k
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I doubt that you got both because as far as I know the max credit that PenFed will extend anyone is $50K including credit cards and PLOCs..  Guess you'll have to wait until the card(s) shows up in your account page.

Message 3 of 11
FabulousDtheBruin
New Contributor

Says who???!

AmEx BCE - 2K, Clear from AmEx - 2K, Bank of America Travel Rewards - 10K, Chase Freedom - 4.3K, U.S. Bank College Visa - $600, Discover More Card - 7K, Citi Dividend Card for Students - 2.1K, Barclay Rewards MC-2.5K, Macys Red Card-1.8K, Bank of America AmEx-15K, Banana Republic Visa-2.5K, Chase CSP-10K, Chase Saphire-5K,
Message 4 of 11
sandman2435
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I doubt that you got both because as far as I know the max credit that PenFed will extend anyone is $50K including credit cards and PLOCs..  Guess you'll have to wait until the card(s) shows up in your account page.

Irish, I have $50K in credit cards with them and $25K PLOC,I still get tons of other pre-approvals for boat,car,Ect.It took me 3 years to get in with them,But once you're in they will give you the world lol

Message 5 of 11
BigBS
Senior Contributor

@FabulousDtheBruin wrote:

Says who???!

In April I applied for and was approved for a motorcycle loan and wanted to take advantage of the HP and applied for the Defender VISA.  It was also approved with a starting limit of $11K which was the most they could approve since I have a $39K Cash Rewards card and their max available credit card limit is $50K

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sandman2435 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Irish, I have $50K in credit cards with them and $25K PLOC,I still get tons of other pre-approvals for boat,car,Ect.It took me 3 years to get in with them,But once you're in they will give you the world lol

Maybe it's $50K in credit cards.  I know that they have a maximum limit

Message 7 of 11
BigBS
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@sandman2435 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Maybe it's $50K in credit cards.  I know that they have a maximum limit

That's exactly right.

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats
Message 9 of 11
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

I'm guessing you'll get one or the other. Check your application status page. Once it says transferred you're set.
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.