cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target/Lowes Approvals (and Lowes Recon success)

tag
edcb
Contributor

Target/Lowes Approvals (and Lowes Recon success)

Last week I thought when I got a 7-10 day from Target it was a denial - but I never got a letter so I finally just called thanks to the number I found here on the forums.

---because I had closed on my new house and moved they needed to verify.  Approved!  She didn't have my credit line in front of her but much better than a denial!

Then one of the tenants called and their refrigerator wasn't working.  Boo!  Sent SO over and "Mr Roper" came back and said the compressor was shot and we'd have to buy a new one.  IT's a funny size and no one had a used one so we found one for about $500 at Lowes and in stock.  Score!  But wait, save 5% today with a Lowes card?  We now have too many properties to not have a Lowes or HD card so I ate the hard pull and got approved for $700.  I called and reconned and asked for $3k (I was feeling like not asking for too much today) and got the $3k I asked for.

----won't look maxed out if it reports.  Score!  Mission accomplished and we can use it again when we reno the bath in a few weeks.

Thanks to the forums for all kinds of good advice and stories!  "Mr. Roper" thinks I'm brilliant....which is why I'm the CFO and why he's Mr. Roper.  Smiley Tongue

In the garden until October 2015!

Journey began 12/13
My wallet: Cap1 Journey (12/13) $4,800 - Cap1 QS (3/14) $1,500 - Chase Freedom (5/14) $3,000 - Chase CSP (12/14) $8,000

Closed on my primary home and income property in December 2014!
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: Target/Lowes Approvals (and Lowes Recon success)

Congrats!

Just a FYI! And especially from what you mentioned about properties, you easily could have requested more and got it!

Message 2 of 14
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on your Target & Lowes cards Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 14
uswala
Senior Contributor

Congrats!

Message 4 of 14
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!
Message 6 of 14
elim
Senior Contributor

congrats on the Lowes! (I really don't care for Target or the Red Card but congrats on that too!)

25k is the normal asking CL on Lowes recon. Try it after you pay off the fridge and they will do you right.

Message 7 of 14
edcb
Contributor

25k?!  Really???

Well, the fridge isn't anything fancy...just a small apartment sized one for one of the units so it will be paid off in a few weeks.  I just wanted to save the 5% because I don't like paying full price for anything...

In the garden until October 2015!

Journey began 12/13
My wallet: Cap1 Journey (12/13) $4,800 - Cap1 QS (3/14) $1,500 - Chase Freedom (5/14) $3,000 - Chase CSP (12/14) $8,000

Closed on my primary home and income property in December 2014!
Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@edcb wrote:

Last week I thought when I got a 7-10 day from Target it was a denial - but I never got a letter so I finally just called thanks to the number I found here on the forums.

---because I had closed on my new house and moved they needed to verify.  Approved!  She didn't have my credit line in front of her but much better than a denial!

Then one of the tenants called and their refrigerator wasn't working.  Boo!  Sent SO over and "Mr Roper" came back and said the compressor was shot and we'd have to buy a new one.  IT's a funny size and no one had a used one so we found one for about $500 at Lowes and in stock.  Score!  But wait, save 5% today with a Lowes card?  We now have too many properties to not have a Lowes or HD card so I ate the hard pull and got approved for $700.  I called and reconned and asked for $3k (I was feeling like not asking for too much today) and got the $3k I asked for.

----won't look maxed out if it reports.  Score!  Mission accomplished and we can use it again when we reno the bath in a few weeks.

Thanks to the forums for all kinds of good advice and stories!  "Mr. Roper" thinks I'm brilliant....which is why I'm the CFO and why he's Mr. Roper.  Smiley Tongue

Congratulations!  :smileyhappy:

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!!

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.