Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target REDcard CLI

tag
Drew
Frequent Contributor

Target REDcard CLI

Has anyone ever tried requesting a credit limit increase in-store? I am thinking about going to Target's customer service and saying that I am looking to purchase a specific plasma television that is over $1,000.00; therefore, I would need an increase in the credit limit to purchase with the REDcard.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
VirtualCuriosity
Established Contributor

Re: Target REDcard CLI

Let us know if that works out.  Pretty curious since the DW has the Target card.

TU713, EQ 731 , EX 726 (As of 12/13/14) - Personal Goal = 760

“Beware of little expenses. A small leak will sink a great ship” – Benjamin Franklin

Gardening since 3-26-15

Message 2 of 7
suzook1
Frequent Contributor

6 years of on time with those guys, pif each month etc etc. $500 limit never moved an inch. Closed it a week ago. why bother with target with so many other great options out there

Message 3 of 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Drew wrote:

Has anyone ever tried requesting a credit limit increase in-store? I am thinking about going to Target's customer service and saying that I am looking to purchase a specific plasma television that is over $1,000.00; therefore, I would need an increase in the credit limit to purchase with the REDcard.

I suspect the difference in the answer is they won't have a script and will be in whichever state you are in not in whatever country Target CSR's are in!

NO, Target reviews cards EVERY month and IF your account qualifies we will be sure to increase the line.

Just say = "NO CLI, our business model has made us millions and we are not changing it currently, keep the card for the 5% and ignore the credit line or would you like me to close it for you now?" I think I would actually accepted it easier!

Message 4 of 7
Drew
Frequent Contributor

Hi Creditaddict. It sounds like you have either had a CLI from Target before or work for Target. Is it the former, the latter, or both?

Message 5 of 7
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Their underwriting standards and growth model may improve over time under TD Bank, but how far reaching to their entire CC portfolio is unknown.  I still have the Target Visa which received an automatic CLI to its present CL $5,500 a couple months ago.  I use the CC moderately but their CLIs are like a moving target - no pun intended.  As far as requesting a CLI at the store to accommodate such a large purchase, it will not happen, unfortunately.

Message 6 of 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Drew wrote:

Hi Creditaddict. It sounds like you have either had a CLI from Target before or work for Target. Is it the former, the latter, or both?

I had 4 Target Cards... I still have 3, 1 of which is from 1999! ($300) CL. 2 Cards I opened in 2008 for $200 each and a 2009 card.  1 of my 2008 cards in 2009 for some reason caught a couple of the mass rounds of CLI's many of us got back then.... from $200 to $1000 and then a few months later a random jump up to $1500.  all my other cards have sat with nothing... I have called 1 at a time, all at a time, wrote the president of the company, tried to combine... everything and I have gotten no where ever!

I have tried to max the cards and PIF, max the cards and revolve for long periods of time, never seemed to be any factor rather I got an increase or not.... 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.